PDA

View Full Version : C203 line issues

Custom Search

paulrid
08-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

i have a C203 with quality issues see attached. So far we have changed IU's, ITB and secondary transfer roller reset and stabilise but can't get rid of them. It seems to effect all colours but magenta is the worste I was going to change magenta PH but with a closer look it's all colours so I haven't and thought I'd asked here if anyone has seen this.

many thanks Paul.

copyman
08-23-2018, 12:42 PM
so you are saying you installed brand new OEM ITB & IU's? it still looks like one or more of those is the problem. Only 3 things would cause lines, IU's, Trans belt or fuser. You are right PH wouldn't cause that.

have you stopped in middle of cycle to see if lines on trans belt, drums, etc

paulrid
08-23-2018, 01:09 PM
so you are saying you installed brand new OEM ITB & IU's? it still looks like one or more of those is the problem. Only 3 things would cause lines, IU's, Trans belt or fuser. You are right PH wouldn't cause that.

have you stopped in middle of cycle to see if lines on trans belt, drums, etc

Hi copyman thanks for the reply,

no not new but good ones from a working machine and also fuser but forgot to say that and yes stopped and checked ITB and the lines were there.

Paul.

copyman
08-23-2018, 01:37 PM
That is weird. I still suspect the IU's or belt. Not sure it can be anything else.

Gift
08-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Looks somewhat magenta-related to me - try and print some full page half tone pattern for each color separately, it will give you a better hint wich part(s) might be affected. Weird line artefacts across running direction might be HV related (bad or dirty and therefore fluctuating contact-resistance to HV, drum grounding...)

paulrid
08-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Looks somewhat magenta-related to me - try and print some full page half tone pattern for each color separately, it will give you a better hint wich part(s) might be affected. Weird line artefacts across running direction might be HV related (bad or dirty and therefore fluctuating contact-resistance to HV, drum grounding...)

Thanks for the reply.
I have printed half tones but can't work out what it is, magenta is the worst but if you look close (harder on the scanned copy) but you can see similar patterns in all CMYK ??

Paul.

blackcat4866
08-23-2018, 02:29 PM
I think that I'd still take a closer look at the laser slit glasses, and possibly clean the laser optics, at least as a starting point. I have some reservations about your good-used imaging units.

Try an image like this to separate out the effect of the individual colors: =^..^=

driving lots of miles
08-23-2018, 02:49 PM
I think that I'd still take a closer look at the laser slit glasses, and possibly clean the laser optics, at least as a starting point. I have some reservations about your good-used imaging units.

Try an image like this to separate out the effect of the individual colors: =^..^=

Black Cat I just wanted to thank you again for the PDF file, I downloaded it to a jump drive and I have used it several times and it has been a big help.

paulrid
08-23-2018, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the reply blackcat,

i have printed those those off but don't have them to attach but I could see the pattern for all colours, when I swapped IU's the pattern were identical. We may need to swap out machine but it's up a narrow staircase and I'm old with a bad back 😂

Paul.

Gift
08-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Running marks and general wear on the transfer belt might also show line-artefacts on half tones visible within all colors

floody
08-23-2018, 04:03 PM
have you tried single colour sky shots to see if the marks you are getting are different in each colour?

Synthohol
08-23-2018, 05:42 PM
To me it looks like the transfer belt just isn't getting cleaned

Phil B.
08-23-2018, 06:33 PM
To me it looks like the transfer belt just isn't getting cleaned

agreed.

copyman
08-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Chances of all IU's being bad is really slim, agree the trans belt is likely culprit.

FYI, Dirt on lasers would cause "blank" lines not colored lines. Always think the opposite with laser technology. What would cause black/colored lines with analog will cause white/blank lines with laser. Few examples, Dirty coronas- analog blank, laser black. Dirty optics, analog black, laser white, etc etc.

Hansoon
08-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Do we have here in these series the much feared "Clogged Waste Toner System Syndrome" starting to show up?

Hans

copyman
08-24-2018, 04:16 AM
Good thought Hans. This may be the calm before the storm (gears chattering). If the trans belt cleaning unit was thoroughly vac'd out and put back into mach then you should be able to get several clean pages before lines would show up again? Another thought, if you go to vac out the trans belt cleaning unit and it's not packed with toner then does that mean the machines waste transport is working ok? I would think so.

jeffreyclay
08-25-2018, 02:39 PM
May be a longshot but reminds me of ripple in the power supply (open filter capacitor). It's hard to imagine that all 4 channels of the copier have identical failures. The final fix should be pose some interesting discussion.

t85ster
08-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the reply blackcat,

i have printed those those off but don't have them to attach but I could see the pattern for all colours, when I swapped IU's the pattern were identical. We may need to swap out machine but it's up a narrow staircase and I'm old with a bad back 😂

Paul.

Paul, I"m 64 with a bad back, I have to swap out a C754 w/Booklet Finisher & LCT up a narrow wooden staircase on Tuesday, can you give me an assist? Seriously, but lol.

paulrid
08-28-2018, 02:54 PM
Sorry all for not replying I've been side tracked for a few days 😂

I havent been been back to this yet so I'll try a few more things and let you know, probably just swap it out.

paulrid
08-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Paul, I"m 64 with a bad back, I have to swap out a C754 w/Booklet Finisher & LCT up a narrow wooden staircase on Tuesday, can you give me an assist? Seriously, but lol.

by hand? That can't be done 😂 They weigh more than a small car lol
I would have said im busy that day 😂😂 but as its now Tuesday how did it go?

t85ster
09-05-2018, 07:10 PM
by hand? That can't be done 😂 They weigh more than a small car lol
I would have said im busy that day 😂😂 but as its now Tuesday how did it go?

Paul, it went really well, me watching the four big moving company dudes carrying it up strapped to a refrigerator dolly. ;)
It was well worth the $215.00 they charged! :p
Tom

Custom Search