PDA

View Full Version : KNBH C754e log in screen

Custom Search

digicor
08-29-2018, 05:08 PM
I have two BHC754s that were in a Kinko's pay for copy type place, i need to remove the log in screen, and get a default copy screen back
I have tried the
Sys connection/Open API/external app/ select no, but there is no "no" to select, is there somewhere in service to reset the machine to default structure? It aslo has the built in FierE, can i just disconnect this? or just leave it and not use it? Client wont need this

Woxner
08-30-2018, 12:36 AM
if they were using card readers in service mode hit stop 9 or stop 0 c. this will get you in to turn it off. could be stop 0 9

blackcat4866
08-30-2018, 12:40 AM
First choice: A HDD reformat should wipe out any authentication. Then reload movie data.

Second choice: Alternatively the MFP Board Reset Tool will wipe any authentication. Just keep in mind that you might need to call the hotline for a CE password/Admin password reset code. Almost every time. =^..^=

B0265
08-30-2018, 07:09 AM
You can use System 1 > initialization > clear all data to set the machine to factory default. This will disable the HDD so you must set it to"installed" in System 2.
I'm not sure if this will disable the Fiery Controller, if not you can disable it in System 2 > Image controller setting, Controller 0 the default.

digicor
08-30-2018, 12:51 PM
First choice: A HDD reformat should wipe out any authentication. Then reload movie data.

Second choice: Alternatively the MFP Board Reset Tool will wipe any authentication. Just keep in mind that you might need to call the hotline for a CE password/Admin password reset code. Almost every time. =^..^=
can the default movie data be saved to an sd card,if so how?
Im a ricoh tech mostly we save NVram to sd cards for re formatting in some cases,

emujo2
08-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Post a pic of the log in screen. In most cases you can log in as admin and set user authentication to OFF. This will disable both MFP and external authentication, but if it's a 3rd party app controlling the login process, you may have a piece of the app that stays resident (shouldn't affect anything, unless to try to manage the device with another app. The Fiery must be disabled in service mode, or you will get a "can't connect to controller message. Card readers can be disabled In service mode/billing settings. I would refrain from a data clear or HDD format unless absolutely necessary. Emujo

copier addict
08-30-2018, 06:06 PM
can the default movie data be saved to an sd card,if so how?
Im a ricoh tech mostly we save NVram to sd cards for re formatting in some cases,

If it is account track or user authentication, simply log into admin mode and turn it off.

digicor
08-30-2018, 08:06 PM
no its not just account track, its something else, ill have apic of the screen tuesday after labor day
thanks for all the help

tsbservice
08-30-2018, 09:12 PM
You may try to disable OpenAPI... although i have to admit, don' t know if that will help.
Utility Button
Go to Administrator Settings
System Connection
Open API Settings...

digicor
08-30-2018, 10:01 PM
You may try to disable OpenAPI... although i have to admit, don' t know if that will help.
Utility Button
Go to Administrator Settings
System Connection
Open API Settings...
i did that but there is no "no" button, just a yes, i cant select "no"
any clue?

B0265
08-31-2018, 11:53 AM
If it's a OpenAPI application there is a utility called "OpenAPI App Manager" but if you don't have this then the only way I know to delete the app is "clear all data".

digicor
08-31-2018, 01:22 PM
If it's a OpenAPI application there is a utility called "OpenAPI App Manager" but if you don't have this then the only way I know to delete the app is "clear all data".
what happens after that is done?

Custom Search