PDA

View Full Version : faxes frozen - bizhub 4020

Custom Search

Bix
08-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice.

A client has told me that his bizhub 4020 sometimes receives faxes that are delayed by a few hours. Today, by turning the machine on and off, they received 3 faxes from yesterday.

In your opinion, is it a problem with the printer or the line? Maybe it's the fault of some energy-saving option?

I listen to your advice.

Thank you!

copier addict
08-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice.

A client has told me that his bizhub 4020 sometimes receives faxes that are delayed by a few hours. Today, by turning the machine on and off, they received 3 faxes from yesterday.

In your opinion, is it a problem with the printer or the line? Maybe it's the fault of some energy-saving option?

I listen to your advice.

Thank you!

It is not a line issue if it printed after a reboot. It could be an energy saving issue or a memory issue. Do the jobs just sit in the machine's queue?

Toxic
08-30-2018, 08:21 PM
Check firmware version and update if it is old.
These models have many problems with fax functioning and been solved with newer version of firmwares.

Bix
08-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone, thanks for the advice.

The firmware should be updated to the last one. Unfortunately I do not have a 4020 in the office. Could someone give me some information on where to go to increase the time of energy saving? In the service manual I saw that there is the menu but not the sub-menus.

Thanks in advance

Custom Search