PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C454e / Userbox and Microsoft Photos App

Custom Search

auske
08-31-2018, 05:57 PM
I'm having a unique experience with a printer and Windows 10 application, and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem, or even better a resolution. I have searched through the forums, but haven't been able to locate anything similar to the issues I'm having.

The printer is a Konica Minolta C454e with a finishing tray. The users are using the Userbox to store items as they print some confidential information and the printer is in a semi-public location. When a user prints a .jpg image, using the default Windows 10 photo viewer application "Photos", the document will not leave the print queue. It will sit in the queue stating that it's printing, which in turn will prevent all other users from printing/storing information on the printer. If the print job is canceled (either by the user or by an administrator from the print server), it will change to canceling job, but will never cancel. To clear the queue, the print job has to be canceled, the print server spooler service needs to be restarted, the print job needs to be canceled again, and the print server spooler service needs to be restarted again. Only then will the job (along with everything else in queue) be canceled.

If the image is copied into Word and printed as a .docx document, it prints fine. If the image is opened in paint and printed, it prints fine. However all the users prefer to use the Photos app, it doesn't require any additional training, and printing from the application when not using the Userbox works fine. During the testing, the printer firmware and drivers have been updated to the latest version to see if that would resolve the issue, but nothing has changed.

Please let me know if you've experienced anything like this and if you were able to find a resolution.

Thank you in advance,
Rob

copier tech
08-31-2018, 06:49 PM
I see you have updated the firmware, what function version are you on?

Do you have user authentication or account track enabled?

auske
08-31-2018, 07:49 PM
The Function Version is listed as Version6/7/8/9.

User Authentication and Account Track are not enabled.

rrrohan
09-03-2018, 04:22 AM
I though the default win 10 image viewer didnt use the full featured KM driver and therefore would not all any advanced print options

I know all customers using ID and print cant print using the image viewer until i revert them back to using the old windows 7 previewer then it worked fine

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

auske
09-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Today we did determine the problem to be a driver issue. We tested with the Universal Driver v 3.4 and were able to print .jpg items from the Userbox.

Thank you for your input/assistance.

Custom Search