PDA

View Full Version : Scan to USB memory using Sandisk FD

Custom Search

aleksander
09-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Hi all,
I have problem with Scan to USB memory. I use bizhub 423 series and Sandisk USB memory 8GB & 16 GB. I do scan to USB memory with Compact PDF format and its all failed. No problem when using Kingston & HP USB memory. Anyone can give me solution for this problem.
Thanks

Synthohol
09-01-2018, 05:45 AM
423 series works best with 4 gig or smaller regardless of brand.

blackcat4866
09-01-2018, 11:38 PM
I agree. Keep in mind that the device, bizhub 423 was designed when a 2GB USB was the largest size available. Use any smaller drive.

When I'm using USB sticks with copiers I rarely use larger than 2GB. Typically I try to use the smallest drive capable of holding the data. =^..^=

copier tech
09-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Hi all,
I have problem with Scan to USB memory. I use bizhub 423 series and Sandisk USB memory 8GB & 16 GB. I do scan to USB memory with Compact PDF format and its all failed. No problem when using Kingston & HP USB memory. Anyone can give me solution for this problem.
Thanks

Might be worth a firmware upgrade this may allow you to use larger drives.

rrrohan
09-03-2018, 04:08 AM
Might be worth a firmware upgrade this may allow you to use larger drives.Do they even make firmware for these anymore

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

copier tech
09-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Do they even make firmware for these anymore

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last version release was A1UD0Y0-F000-GC4-C4.exe

dave w
09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
I agree. Keep in mind that the device, bizhub 423 was designed when a 2GB USB was the largest size available. Use any smaller drive.

When I'm using USB sticks with copiers I rarely use larger than 2GB. Typically I try to use the smallest drive capable of holding the data. =^..^=

Agree
The only merit of being a horder is i've never thrown away old usb stick and now they come in handy.

aleksander
09-03-2018, 09:46 AM
But there is no problem when I use 16 GB Kingston USB memory. Scan to USB works well.
Whats wrong with sandisk?

Synthohol
09-03-2018, 02:31 PM
some drives have a hidden partition and dont play well with copiers.
there is a list of certified compatible USB drives to be used in KM machines. the rest are hit or miss.
also the config of the ram chips on the flash may not be compatible. some are double density and others may have other characteristics that prove incompatible.
just because it may scan to it does not guarantee it will load firmware from it. or vice versa.

aleksander
09-04-2018, 08:59 AM
there is a list of certified compatible USB drives to be used in KM machines. the rest are hit or miss.
also the config of the ram chips on the flash may not be compatible. some are double density and others may have other characteristics that prove incompatible.
just because it may scan to it does not guarantee it will load firmware from it. or vice versa.

there is a list of certified compatible USB drives to be used in KM machines.
Where should I get this info?

Phil B.
09-04-2018, 08:08 PM
But there is no problem when I use 16 GB Kingston USB memory. Scan to USB works well.
Whats wrong with sandisk?

i ALWAYS format a new USB like Blackcat said there cold be a hidden partition on it or the 'scan disk' utilities on it could be stopping progress... always use Fat32

aleksander
09-05-2018, 08:44 AM
i ALWAYS format a new USB like Blackcat said there cold be a hidden partition on it or the 'scan disk' utilities on it could be stopping progress... always use Fat32

Of course I always format a new USB with fat32 format. I've already check for possibility there is a hidden partition, and there is no hidden partition. And the point is : this problem only happened with Sandisk USB memory. And there is no problem when using Kingston, HP etc

tsbservice
09-05-2018, 03:19 PM

@aleksander, what exactly you did not understand from the post above? There's no guarantee that some devices will work and some don't. List of compatible drives for this machine will be atleast obsolete and will not include your drives.

aleksander
09-10-2018, 04:17 AM
@aleksander, what exactly you did not understand from the post above? There's no guarantee that some devices will work and some don't. List of compatible drives for this machine will be atleast obsolete and will not include your drives.

So, there is no solution?

Synthohol
09-10-2018, 02:17 PM
the solution is to use a drive <4g that is proven to work.
even scan to USB has drives that dont play well.
Reference
Following are the USB drives tested and approved for the scan to USB function:
Model Maker Result
RUF-C64M/U2 (64MB) BUFFALO Passed
RUF2-E128-B (128MB) Passed
RUF2-S1G+C4-BK (1GB) Passed
MF-UU2512WH (512MB) ELECOM Passed
MF-AU201GGT (1GB) Failed
GH-UFD2GTB (2GB) GREEN HOUSE Passed
TB-M2/1GG (1GB) I-O DATA Passed
TB-B2G (2GB) Failed
TG256-NRX044 (256MB) Passed
SDCZ6-1024-J65 (1GB) SanDisk Passed
USM512JX (512MB) SONY Passed
USM1GJ (1GB) Passed
Note: Only USB sticks formatted with FAT32 are supported as product specification. The above list was verified with FAT32 USB memory sticks.
CAUTION: If the USB drive has the U3 security option, remove this feature from the USB before trying to scan because this feature disables the scanning of files stored on the USB stick.

the attached PDF has more info than the picture.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/40588d1536585232-scan-usb-memory-using-sandisk-fd-flash-jpg

aleksander
09-12-2018, 08:42 AM
the solution is to use a drive <4g that is proven to work.
even scan to USB has drives that dont play well.
Reference
Following are the USB drives tested and approved for the scan to USB function:
Model Maker Result
RUF-C64M/U2 (64MB) BUFFALO Passed
RUF2-E128-B (128MB) Passed
RUF2-S1G+C4-BK (1GB) Passed
MF-UU2512WH (512MB) ELECOM Passed
MF-AU201GGT (1GB) Failed
GH-UFD2GTB (2GB) GREEN HOUSE Passed
TB-M2/1GG (1GB) I-O DATA Passed
TB-B2G (2GB) Failed
TG256-NRX044 (256MB) Passed
SDCZ6-1024-J65 (1GB) SanDisk Passed
USM512JX (512MB) SONY Passed
USM1GJ (1GB) Passed
Note: Only USB sticks formatted with FAT32 are supported as product specification. The above list was verified with FAT32 USB memory sticks.
CAUTION: If the USB drive has the U3 security option, remove this feature from the USB before trying to scan because this feature disables the scanning of files stored on the USB stick.

the attached PDF has more info than the picture.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/40588d1536585232-scan-usb-memory-using-sandisk-fd-flash-jpg

thank you

Don N.
09-14-2018, 02:15 PM

YES!
We got a pack of promotional 4GB drives off Amazon, mainly for putting drivers on & giving to customers. They work fine but not for loading FW.
Another order worked fine for FW. Hit-n-miss.

blackcat4866
09-14-2018, 02:31 PM
I hardly believe that this thread has dragged out this far.

Find a drive that works and use it. It is entirely unnecessary to test all the drives that won't work first.
=^..^=

Custom Search