PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C3350 error C151

Custom Search

Gordi
09-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Hi Guys

Please assist me with this error code C151 (ROM contents error upon startup).
I can access the service mode but I'm unable to re-write the firmware.The machine starts reading firmware file & then just freezes on that screen.
Tried a Trouble reset under the Extra Service Mode , disconnected HDD & fax board with no joy.

I ordered a new SSD but when I installed it , the machine only boots up to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've now ordered a new MFP board but the e.t.a is 3 to 4 weeks.

Does anyone know of a way to repair / re-flash the MFP board?

Kind regards

Synthohol
09-04-2018, 12:09 AM
did you try installing the sub firmware first in "drive:/firmware/***.prn"?

mo0651
09-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Did you disconnect the memory chip and try? This series has a known bad chip.:cool:

tsbservice
09-04-2018, 04:07 PM
This series has a known bad chip.:cool:
But yet, EEPROM cannot be purchased separately, only with a board.

mo0651
09-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Not the EEPROM, the RAM chip Uk211:cool:

Gordi
09-06-2018, 03:27 PM
did you try installing the sub firmware first in "drive:/firmware/***.prn"?

Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried the Sub Firmware first (CntUpA3GN30G0803-899.prn) , I've also tried a different memory stick.

The only way to get back into service mode is to fit the customers original SSD back & switch the machine on .The machine will start up & then display the C-151 error. From this screen , I can access the service mode & with my usb stick already inserted , attempt to flash the Sub firmware file. As soon as I press the Start button , the LED on my memory stick will start flashing as if the data on it is being read by the machine. After about 5 flashes from the LED on my memory stick,the touch screen becomes unresponsive & the machine never enters the normal firmware re-writing screen.

With the new SSD installed , the machine only boots up the Konica Minolta Screen & sits there for the rest of the day.

I've printed out a SoftSw list & Engine DipSW list from a working C3350 to compare to my faulty machine & ensured that all settings are the same , but still no joy.

I still get a C-151 with the customers original SSD & when fitting a new SSD , the machine only boots to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've done a trouble reset each time I attempt to re-write the firmware.

I'm running out of ideas & have to wait another 3 weeks before my new MFP boards arrive.

Is there any other way re-write the firmware on this device?

Thanks in advance.

Gordi
09-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Did you disconnect the memory chip and try? This series has a known bad chip.:cool:

Hi there.

My machine does not have an Extension Memory module installed.

Gordi
09-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried the Sub Firmware first (CntUpA3GN30G0803-899.prn) , I've also tried a different memory stick.

The only way to get back into service mode is to fit the customers original SSD back & switch the machine on .The machine will start up & then display the C-151 error. From this screen , I can access the service mode & with my usb stick already inserted , attempt to flash the Sub firmware file. As soon as I press the Start button , the LED on my memory stick will start flashing as if the data on it is being read by the machine. After about 5 flashes from the LED on my memory stick,the touch screen becomes unresponsive & the machine never enters the normal firmware re-writing screen.

With the new SSD installed , the machine only boots up the Konica Minolta Screen & sits there for the rest of the day.

I've printed out a SoftSw list & Engine DipSW list from a working C3350 to compare to my faulty machine & ensured that all settings are the same , but still no joy.

I still get a C-151 with the customers original SSD & when fitting a new SSD , the machine only boots to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've done a trouble reset each time I attempt to re-write the firmware.

I'm running out of ideas & have to wait another 3 weeks before my new MFP boards arrive.

Is there any other way re-write the firmware on this device?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated.

copier addict
09-19-2018, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys

Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried ISW to update firmware? It is in the service manual.

Jan
04-21-2021, 08:39 PM
I know this is an old tread, but i would evenso reply on this,
My experiance is that the SSD board is the solution for this problem, i use an SATA HDD duplicator and 2 SATA to MSATA convertor and i copy a working SSD unit to an other SSD unit, this has always works fine, i replace the SSD board and the one that has a problem i simply put on the data again using the duplicator, and that one is simply useble..

Custom Search