PDA

View Full Version : Minolta di-251, pi3502 controller ??

Custom Search

copyman
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Anyone starting to have trouble with the 3502 print controllers dropping off line. i have 3 doing the same thing, when pinging it will reply maybe 10 times then time out once or twice then 10 or 20 times then one time out. It will continue this pattern as long as i ping it. I have even tried pinging with a crossover cable from my laptop and it is even worse. Thanks for any help.

kmcopytech
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Minolta PI3502 controllers have compatibility issues,

Can only be connected to the old HUB or on ROUTER!!!

Scott_Lewis
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Anyone starting to have trouble with the 3502 print controllers dropping off line.

These were not the greatest controllers.:(:(:(:(

I've had good luck with resetting the controller board and/or the NIC back to factory defaults via the DIP switches. You may have to do this multiple times.

I've had them get scrambled due to switch problems, duplicate IP addresses and who knows what else. Every one that I've had scrambled has come back to it senses with the resets.

Cantechman
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Anyone starting to have trouble with the 3502 print controllers dropping off line. i have 3 doing the same thing, when pinging it will reply maybe 10 times then time out once or twice then 10 or 20 times then one time out. It will continue this pattern as long as i ping it. I have even tried pinging with a crossover cable from my laptop and it is even worse. Thanks for any help.

Not sure if your still having issues but chances are its your nic card. I have had the same problem and symptoms as you. The nic card fixed it. Since you tested it directly it can't be a router.

buster68
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The Pi3502 NICs are dropping like flies. It starts out dropping offline from time to time and gets progressively worse. Unfortunately, the NIC is no longer available from KM. I've had customers find some online/ebay, but few work properly if at all.

pepper38_cnd
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Try setting the nic to 100M and you laptop to the same. Then do your test again. It could be a switching issue. A lot of the older stuff if put on a 1G switch the port on the switch and the port on the nic should be set to a single speed they don't like to switch.

feeder_supply
05-25-2009, 10:43 PM

ok, are you do ping?, and the answer is TTL=128, then all itīs ok, the problem is the port number, ( 9100 and 10001),
Replace the printer properties (Port Settings) for the value that appears in your initial informe ...:cool:

TheOwl
05-26-2009, 03:15 AM
The controllers in the Di251 / 351's were good but the NIC's weren't real fantastic. These NIC's have a high failure rate once they become old. Soon you will find that you will be getting more 'Time Out's' than replies.

Even when the NIC's were new, you would find that the time for the response would vary with every reply. You can try resetting the NIC's with the OP2 jumper, but I reckon that your NIC's are about to die very shortly.

TheOwl
05-26-2009, 03:29 AM
I forgot to mention to make sure there isn't any packet storming going on in the network as this will make the NIC do silly things, even after you make a direct connection through a crossover cable.

mdavin
11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
sorry to bring back a kind of old post, I to had this issue today I hooked up a crossover and had awful packet loss I swapped out the print controller same thing so I did a search here on copytech and found this post. I set my nic card on the laptop to force 10 baset full duplex and the pings where great ran out and got a 5 port switch from lynksys hooked it up did a continues ping from a customers workstation and it was a perfect reply 1-10 ms no timeouts. So I called the IT dept explained what I had found he believed me but he doesn't understand and neither do I, why after 3 years this is now causing issues, how would any of you explain why all of a sudden the machine needs a switch after 3 years? I just told them that they probably never noticed the issue in the past. Hopefully our sales dep can replace this machine it needs a drum and fuser unit but that's another story

TheOwl
11-04-2009, 09:50 PM
The NIC's in these things WILL eventually die. There is no doubt about it. You will probably find that the NIC will stop reponding at 10 meg soon.

pepper38_cnd
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
The IT guys will always tell you they have made no changes, but if I had to guess they upgraded to a 1Gig Switch.

leslien
06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
same problem as above with a bit of a twist

i replaced a complete pi-3502, the machine is now back on the network an can scan to email, and print from one XP pro box, how ever it seems to be not talking to a pair of window 2003 servers. and is a bit flaky picking up a dhcp network address. i am starting to think there is cable issues here. anyone seen anything like this ?

Custom Search