PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Fiery running windows 8!!

Custom Search

Synthohol
09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
so i have a spare IC-413 from a C6000 (actually i have 3) and just for fun i cloned my main computer C drive as a backup then i took the clone and plugged it in the Fiery just to see what would happen.
lo and behold it booted, went into "repairing your PC" then rebooted and then went into "configuring devices" for a little while then much to my surprise the logon screen!
logged in and while not the fastest PC i ever used (only 2 gig ram) the damn thing works as a regular PC while running Windows 8 Pro.
i even enabled "Hot Swap" in the BIOS so i can add drives on the fly.
im going to transplant it eventually into a custom case and probably watercool the CPU.
just thought i'd post this in case other PC enthusiasts were curious if it would work as a standard PC and not shut off the video during boot (no FACI kit).
anyway thats all for now, just thought you might get a kick out of this.

allan
09-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Fun ain't it, been using old fiery's for Win7 pc's, linuxMint, NAS. Now attempting a LinuxCNC box...
The fan is a bit loud for my appreciation but you can change that.

Seeing that most of the ex-government machines had them on i have been picking them up here and there.
The IC's that came of the office color machines comes with a nice case already. A bit on slow side and no boot from USB.

Synthohol
09-09-2018, 02:56 PM
if you hit f11 at boot you get the boot menu that you can select boot from USB.

qbert69
09-09-2018, 07:08 PM
so i have a spare IC-413 from a C6000 (actually i have 3) and just for fun i cloned my main computer C drive as a backup then i took the clone and plugged it in the Fiery just to see what would happen.
lo and behold it booted, went into "repairing your PC" then rebooted and then went into "configuring devices" for a little while then much to my surprise the logon screen!
logged in and while not the fastest PC i ever used (only 2 gig ram) the damn thing works as a regular PC while running Windows 8 Pro.
i even enabled "Hot Swap" in the BIOS so i can add drives on the fly.
im going to transplant it eventually into a custom case and probably watercool the CPU.
just thought i'd post this in case other PC enthusiasts were curious if it would work as a standard PC and not shut off the video during boot (no FACI kit).
anyway thats all for now, just thought you might get a kick out of this.From what I understand, Fiery is a Linux based OS and being that it is, has to run on a standard PC type motherboard.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
09-09-2018, 07:54 PM
IC-413 and a slew of others are windows based as well.
the IC-409 is linux based and the major difference is the architecture of the MB chipset.
the 413 happens to be a TYAN workstation MB and is pretty great for a file server and other uses.
one of my 413s is still running OEM XP embedded and thats what i run my website from.
there was a BIOS upgrade for the 1.11 ver of Fiery which allows 64 bit windows 7 to run.
i just kicked it up to win8 on a whim and seems to be stable so far.
the BIOS helps determine what OS is permitted to run
this is the motherboard...TYAN(R) Computer - Motherboards S5247 S5247G2NR (https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S5247_S5247G2NR)

Synthohol
04-06-2019, 05:37 PM
and another fiery converted to a win8 workstation in the works.
i gotta stop....
cant...
help..
myself.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/42307d1554568614-embedded-fiery-running-windows-8-a-8ws-jpg

tsbservice
04-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Go and get one of these Pontiac Firebird cars. Drive it like a stolen.
Should be enough to cure your obsession.

mshabban
04-06-2019, 07:16 PM
hey guys can anyone kindly send me the download link for this fiery patch 1-18LDJR] for IC-413 ,please am really stuck here ,spent three sleepless nights even ti get this patch name ,

Synthohol
04-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Go and get one of these Pontiac Firebird cars. Drive it like a stolen.
Should be enough to cure your obsession.

had a 67 firebird, racked up close to 20 DMV points, and lost my license 3 times because of that car.
[\obsession]

hey guys can anyone kindly send me the download link for this fiery patch 1-18LDJR] for IC-413 ,please am really stuck here ,spent three sleepless nights even ti get this patch name ,

i only consider contributors for sharing files, sorry.

mshabban
04-06-2019, 08:17 PM
had a 67 firebird, racked up close to 20 DMV points, and lost my license 3 times because of that car.
[\obsession]

i only consider contributors for sharing files, sorry.

hello mate ,just became a contributor ,kindly help me please

rrrohan
04-08-2019, 05:14 AM
so if you can run a RIP as a regular PC does that mean you can get a regular pc and use it as a RIP?

if so would there be any benefit, eg run it from a much more powerful PC?

qbert69
04-08-2019, 06:42 AM
so if you can run a RIP as a regular PC does that mean you can get a regular pc and use it as a RIP?

if so would there be any benefit, eg run it from a much more powerful PC?RIP stands for Raster Image Processor. It does nothing more than converting vector graphics...fonts, lines, objects to a rasterized image along with flattening layers in PDFs, color correction & such. The key is the software and not necessarily the hardware, but high spec'd hardware is helpful!!! The key is that the program was written to utilize massive multi-core multi-thread parallel CPU processors to its advantage!!! Even Nvidia video cards with their CUDA cores are able to be utilized for co-processing. An excellent example of that is DVDFab, a DVD & Blu-ray ripper/transcoder program!!! So yeah. Hardware helps, but if the software hasn't been developed to utilize the hardware technology properly, speed can definitely suffer!!![emoji6][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
05-26-2019, 08:14 PM
LOL, $26,000.00 Fiery as a stand-alone win 10 box :)
i really have issues hahaha.

now i gotta figure out how to overclock it!!

rrrohan
05-27-2019, 01:34 AM
LOL, $26,000.00 Fiery as a stand-alone win 10 box :)
i really have issues hahaha.

now i gotta figure out how to overclock it!!

$25500 software, $500 hardware lol

Synthohol
05-27-2019, 03:43 AM
i have always loved the case, sleek and silver. (like my car)
need to find out how to make the LED screen show like temps and stuff.

rrrohan
05-27-2019, 07:26 AM
i have always loved the case, sleek and silver. (like my car)
need to find out how to make the LED screen show like temps and stuff.

Def looks pretty average by today's standards of PC case

Custom Search