PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C3351 Customer is requesting factory reset

Custom Search

Thayer
09-20-2018, 02:39 AM
Konica C3351, customer is requesting a factory reset. I'm still learning Konica's and networking.

Customer is using equitrac software. Machine was set up using this software at one site and they moved it to another site(different server).
Now they are requesting a factory reset because they can't get it work at new location.
They created a temporary work around, being it is connected to original site.
They have 3 new Konica machines on site working just fine.

I'm going to try "resetting the network settings"
Do you think this will fix the issue, or will there be more issues???

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

embedded
09-20-2018, 03:13 AM
Hi Thayer
Doing a network reset may make the issue worst as it will also remove any SSL certs that maybe required for the print monitoring and chargeback software.
First off, I'd try just setting the IP settings to DHCP and see if you can get to the device webpage. If that works OK but the authentication doesn't, then a call to the software vendor is on the cards.
Good luck!

emujo2
09-20-2018, 09:21 PM
When you move a device from EQ..

1. unmanage the device, and if it will be given a new IP delete the device from EQ and remove the printer
2. If it's getting a new IP you have to disable SSL, delete the SSL cert.
3. Assign new TCP/IP settings, and create a new SSL cert, and enable the WebDAV/OpenAPI/TCP Socket protocols.
4. Enable SSL and set SSL only for WebDAV/OPenAPI/TCP Socket
5. Add a new printer and (if EQ 5.4) convert to the EQ port, send test page
6. Embed client

If you are using DRS there are a few other steps, but it's about the same. You may have to do a forced cache update to clear everything.

The new server must have the DRE component on it and connected to the CAS. Verify you have enough DRE license to do this.

blackcat4866
09-22-2018, 02:48 AM
emujo: Just wanted to thank you for a very detailed answer.

Sadly I understand only the most general concepts about certificates, etc. But I have forwarded the information on to someone who hopefully will be able to make good use of it. =^..^=

Cantechman
09-23-2018, 12:46 AM
Konica C3351, customer is requesting a factory reset. I'm still learning Konica's and networking.

Customer is using equitrac software. Machine was set up using this software at one site and they moved it to another site(different server).
Now they are requesting a factory reset because they can't get it work at new location.
They created a temporary work around, being it is connected to original site.
They have 3 new Konica machines on site working just fine.

I'm going to try "resetting the network settings"
Do you think this will fix the issue, or will there be more issues???

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I recently did a total clear on a c3351. Basically it resets it back to factory setting. If you don't need anything special reinstalled you should be ok doing the reset and then turning it on with the network cable plugged it to allow it to pick up the customers network info.

blackcat4866
10-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Just following up. Endusers IT was not at all interested in following the suggestions. They just wanted to install from scratch. The wipe also removed all the authentication data, the loadable driver for the card reader, and UnSet the HDD (disabling all those functions that require the HDD). Personally I think this was the hardest way to do it. =^..^=

Custom Search