PDA

View Full Version : From Canon to KM

Custom Search

onlyinnewfoundland
09-23-2018, 01:45 PM
Hi guys

I have been a Canon guy for the last 8 years, and soon I will have the opportunity to work on some KM machines while still primarily working on Canon.

I work on everything desktop printer to biggest production units and OCE stuff with Canon

Just looking to see if you folks have any tips on how to prepare for working on KM machines...

Not sure what kind of machines I'll be working on, but I assume primarily b/w and color office machines...probably won't be touching the production stuff for a while.

An ex-coworker tells me they are less hardware focused and more software focused? Not sure if this is true.

Cheers

qbert69
09-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Hi guys

I have been a Canon guy for the last 8 years, and soon I will have the opportunity to work on some KM machines while still primarily working on Canon.

I work on everything desktop printer to biggest production units and OCE stuff with Canon

Just looking to see if you folks have any tips on how to prepare for working on KM machines...

Not sure what kind of machines I'll be working on, but I assume primarily b/w and color office machines...probably won't be touching the production stuff for a while.

An ex-coworker tells me they are less hardware focused and more software focused? Not sure if this is true.

CheersNot sure what you mean by "more software focused" but having said that, I came from a few years of working on ricoh stuff to shifting over to KM stuff, which was a positive change!!! My company also deals with canon, but their core brand is KM. I do know that KM uses their own developed Linux Distro OS/firmware. They have they can have a main firmware, sub firmware & movie data files for the instructional screen animations. If you have a chance to get your hands on some refurbs, it will help you out. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Max
09-24-2018, 11:52 AM
In my opinion KM office colour is far superior than Canon. Not too sure about B&W but the colour is very good and as long as you use original toner you will have very few problems. Keep up with F/W updates and feed tyres and it will run without any problems. Thats my experience anyways.

qbert69
09-24-2018, 01:02 PM
In my opinion KM office colour is far superior than Canon. Not too sure about B&W but the colour is very good and as long as you use original toner you will have very few problems. Keep up with F/W updates and feed tyres and it will run without any problems. Thats my experience anyways.UNIVERSAL FEED TIRES!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

qbert69
09-24-2018, 01:05 PM
In my opinion KM office colour is far superior than Canon. Not too sure about B&W but the colour is very good and as long as you use original toner you will have very few problems. Keep up with F/W updates and feed tyres and it will run without any problems. Thats my experience anyways.Color is Excellent Too!!!....even without a Fiery!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Bix
09-25-2018, 10:58 AM
KM machines are robust from a hardware point of view. If you use everything original, you could forget about the existence of some customers.

If you have the chance, you do some courses on Mplus

Redrichie
10-04-2018, 08:08 PM
I work for a KM exclusive dealer. I service everything from printers to Press C2070's. There are plenty of mechanical problems but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary. There seem to be lots of board and firmware problems as of late. I do tons of connection IT stuff. My company doesnt have any managed IT services, so only a couple of us handle connection problems. I think the 4 Series machines forward are more mechanically sound than the older stuff, but weak in the electronics components. But it may just be me.

Zesti
10-08-2018, 08:24 AM
HI guys,
I'm a free lancer and got a hand on almost all makes, but my favorite is KonicaMinolta. Few guys above talked about using original consumables and forget about day to day calls. The software setup of KMs is much simpler than any other brands and fewer settings to tweak with, if using good quality consumables.
SO welcome aboard and don'r worry a lot.

Custom Search