PDA

View Full Version : Di 650 will not scan from glass

Custom Search

fixthecopier
09-28-2008, 12:36 AM
I was in a hurry and only had about 10 min to look at it, and I am sure I have overlooked something I should remember but, the machine will pull from EDH but when you put it on the glass it will not go green and make a copy. If I select a paper tray, it does not matter. It is not giving me a size detect error, it ask you to put one in the EDH. What have I missed?

pepper38_cnd
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
DF open/close sensor?

fixthecopier
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Works fine, tells me to close lid if open, however if you lift and close lid and then put one in the EDH, it will not tell you to remove the original from the glass like it should.
I even tried cussing at it, nothing worked.

Mark B
09-29-2008, 01:30 PM
I have seen this it is a dirty sensor in the adf. I do not remember which one.

Luther
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
There are 2 switches that tell the machine the df is against the glass, front left of the df, when you lift the feeder you will see an actuator on the front left, remove the front left cover and see if the actuator is moving correctly, and the back center sticking out of the machine is a white post that actuates when you close the feeder, hope this helps

Luther
09-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Forgot to mention, check the original tray , there are 2 sensors that tell the machine the length of the original, have had the sensor holder break and the machine thinks there is an original in the tray, tip it up and remove the back and check the 2 sensors are secure,good luck

fixthecopier
09-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I could not check it today as someone was using it with about a thousand more to go so I left. Will go back tomorrow and let ou know what I find.

Custom Search