PDA

View Full Version : Wrong toner indicator bizhub 227

Custom Search

Bix
10-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I had read some posts here in the forum about the toner indicator. From what I understand, they do not have a sensor but measure the number of toner rotations to define the amount left.

I have a customer with a bizhub C227, monitored with CSRC. For about 3 months the black toner is stuck at 2% while the color level changes regularly.

I honestly do not know what the customer has done with the toner. They told me that they forgot to order it once and they kept shaking it to keep the printer going.

Always 3 months ago, after putting the new toner to me in the CSRC indicates 2%. For me it is not a big deal but I wanted to know if there is a way to remove this freezing.

See you soon

Synthohol
10-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Okay what I have done in the past which may not be as per any book method but I remove the toner bottle and run halftone test patterns until the machine stops and asks for that color I put the new bottle back in and the toner gauge goes up to full hope that works for you

kingarthur
10-05-2018, 08:50 AM
you can reset the toners to 100%, in enhanced security mode, then turn on engine dipswitch 34 for K, 33 for C 32 for M and 31 for Y
See tech bulletin TAGB1600062EN

embedded
10-07-2018, 10:29 PM
I see this (annoying) behaviour all the time. It usually happens when the toner bottle is replaced too soon.
We just let it run till it actually runs out of toner (which can take a while if the toner was actually changed to a new one).

Hansoon
10-08-2018, 05:30 AM
Okay what I have done in the past which may not be as per any book method but I remove the toner bottle and run halftone test patterns until the machine stops and asks for that color I put the new bottle back in and the toner gauge goes up to full hope that works for you

That's the way I do it, but I am still interested to know about that tech bulletin TAGB1600062EN".

Hans

tsbservice
10-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Nevertheless, this also requires visit at the client site. Definitely worth to find another solution.

ivovb
10-08-2018, 09:17 PM
I see this (annoying) behaviour all the time. It usually happens when the toner bottle is replaced too soon.
We just let it run till it actually runs out of toner (which can take a while if the toner was actually changed to a new one).

It is my way, too.

BR

cristachecri
09-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Hello, everyone. I have many copiers in Bizhub service 280 / 227 / c227 and I have the same problems with the toner feed before displaying the toner refilling on the display. The graphic symbol remains very low but the device works perfectly. There's something you can do about it, a kind of reset for that graphic symbol to come back at 100%. I've been looking for that service bulletin TAGB1600062EN but I can't find him. Can someone help me in this problem or with this service bulletin????

arahael
09-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Engine DipSW from 29-32

cristachecri
09-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Thank you very much for the prompt response and that is of real benefit to us. Is there anything similar to the copies of the bizhub 364 / c364 series ??? I look forward to your response.

arahael
09-20-2019, 03:17 PM
hi. all i know in xx4 series is that you can reset all toner indicator. with engine dipsw 1

cristachecri
11-08-2019, 01:43 PM
hi. all i know in xx4 series is that you can reset all toner indicator. with engine dipsw 1

I want to reset the toner indicator because I supply new toner bottles with the equipment and when not completely emptied. In this case the toner indicator remains at a low level although the toner is new.

cristachecri
11-15-2019, 10:33 AM

thanks for the answer but I have studied all the technical documentation of the xx4 series and have not found dipsw 1. If you have information on how to proceed this toner reset indicator please tell me

copier tech
11-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Hi,

I had read some posts here in the forum about the toner indicator. From what I understand, they do not have a sensor but measure the number of toner rotations to define the amount left.

I have a customer with a bizhub C227, monitored with CSRC. For about 3 months the black toner is stuck at 2% while the color level changes regularly.

I honestly do not know what the customer has done with the toner. They told me that they forgot to order it once and they kept shaking it to keep the printer going.

Always 3 months ago, after putting the new toner to me in the CSRC indicates 2%. For me it is not a big deal but I wanted to know if there is a way to remove this freezing.

See you soon

Tell the customer to ignore those tiny gauges they are only there as a guide.

The toner bottles do not have a chip, so if when the machine shows toner empty, the customer takes the bottle out shakes it & fits it back the machine will rest the toner gauge to full!

gere1
11-15-2019, 06:54 PM
I have this for several teams
Activate engine fw
Swith software

stop 0 c
Engine fw dipsw
C368 and C360i
31 yellow
32 magenta
33 cyan
34 black
In c364e equipment
one
Reset all toners

go out and turn off equipment
translated with google
I hope it serves something
try in seven or one configuration or another
and you already count

metal
03-16-2022, 05:38 PM
Hi,
what is the default value for these switches.
I have the same problem on bizhub 227 and 257i models.
thanks.

Custom Search