PDA

View Full Version : Biz 224e B&W Scan to SMB with Mac

Custom Search

copyman
10-03-2018, 06:30 PM
My IT guy went to set up a Mac and asked me to see if there is a F/W update or soft switch to allow SMB. It's version 10.13

Looking on the K/M dealer website all I could find is a bulletin stating that FTP has been discontinued but SMB is available on 10.3

Any help on how to setup SMB to a Mac 10.13 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Synthohol
10-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Click on the Apple under system preferences hit up sharing make sure that the folder is shared and users have access to it then you can click on security and make sure that SMB or file sharing is turned on works pretty much the same as a PC now

mincopier
10-03-2018, 11:42 PM
Make sure it has the most recent firmware to be safe.

copyman
10-04-2018, 02:58 AM
It has latest F/W, G20-M1

Thanks again for the help.

copyman
10-04-2018, 02:19 PM
My IT guy knew about what Syn posted. Just to be clear the message he gets when try to setup SMB is "Network connection not available". He seems to recall there was a firmware or something for this? I've looked at FW & special FW on K/M website but maybe I missed it.

Thanks again

UKTeam
10-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Currently it is not possible on the 4 & 4e series colour. (I assume the B&W is the same)

High Sierra 10.13 only supports SMB v3.0.
Latest C224e only supports up to SMB v2.0
No plans to support in the future, I have been advised.

SMB v3.0 Supported on 8 series onward.

I have verified this...

Mark

tsbservice
10-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Thanks Mark for that. Seems to me, every single post you made is on the spot.
Remind me good old times when you UK guys come more handy than Toshiba representatives in problems solving:cool:

guitar9199
10-04-2018, 09:18 PM
From what I remember, Mac and SMB stopped working around OS X 10.6 when they discontinued Samba. For Macs I've always done either FTP, or scan to email.

I'm attaching a walkthrough on the process for a Canon....but you can likely transfer the information to a K-M, Richoh/Savin, Toshiba, etc.

copyman
10-05-2018, 03:27 AM
According to Kon/Min bulletin # KBA01402093 SMB is still supported with 10.13 while FTP has been discontinued:

"Reference
Apple has removed the ftp protocol from Mac OS X 10.13, and it can't be added using the command line such as previous versions would allow. This is a Apple limitation on this new OS X. Scan to SMB is supported on MAC OS X 10.13 "

Also talked to another friend at K/M and he's almost certain you can do SMB scanning with 4 series and Mac 10.13

Was hoping there was a special F/W for it or something. My It guy is usually spot on with Mac and K/M setups but hit a snag on this one.

guitar9199
10-05-2018, 02:11 PM
According to Kon/Min bulletin # KBA01402093 SMB is still supported with 10.13 while FTP has been discontinued:

"Reference
Apple has removed the ftp protocol from Mac OS X 10.13, and it can't be added using the command line such as previous versions would allow. This is a Apple limitation on this new OS X. Scan to SMB is supported on MAC OS X 10.13 "

Also talked to another friend at K/M and he's almost certain you can do SMB scanning with 4 series and Mac 10.13

Was hoping there was a special F/W for it or something. My It guy is usually spot on with Mac and K/M setups but hit a snag on this one.

This is news to me... Thank you for the info.

copyman
10-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Since nothing seems to work my IT guy is going to add a Windows PC to customers network, setup to scan to PC then have a shortcut on the Mac's to the windows scans. It is this or remove copier and refund customer. hate to give $$$ back. I have an old Dell PC so won't cost me anything. Has anyone tried this before?

I cannot believe K/M would design a machine that cannot work with Mac for scanning. Customers 10 yr old Ricoh could scan to Macs with no problem!

Synthohol
10-06-2018, 03:29 PM
enable the SMB server on the copier and you retrieve your scans from the copier hosted webpage.

(4) Share SMB File Setting
(a) Use
• To set whether to use the Share SMB File function.
• Using the Share SMB File function allows you to share the scanned files by Box/Scan/Fax functions in the Public User Box of this
machine with PCs on the network.

Hansoon
10-07-2018, 04:50 AM
How about FTP scanning to a cheap NAS?

Hans

qbert69
10-11-2018, 04:27 AM
SMB = Port 445
CIFS = Port 139
I would personally setup a Windows 7 file server since I know it works with either the PowerPC Mac OS X & Intel Mac OS X!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

REGSIS
10-12-2018, 06:14 AM
Since nothing seems to work my IT guy is going to add a Windows PC to customers network, setup to scan to PC then have a shortcut on the Mac's to the windows scans. It is this or remove copier and refund customer. hate to give $$$ back. I have an old Dell PC so won't cost me anything. Has anyone tried this before?

I cannot believe K/M would design a machine that cannot work with Mac for scanning. Customers 10 yr old Ricoh could scan to Macs with no problem!

If Ricoh could s a than 224e should too.
Have you enabled NTML V1/V2 (SMB settings on machine).
It's a MUST DO step for versions MAC OS 10.8 and above.
You can also try using IP address instead computername.
It helps. My friend has 10.13 and C224e and scan to SMB is working for years (since version 10.9).

Custom Search