PDA

View Full Version : C6500 duplex printing

Custom Search

superlas
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi,

As a future client of a c5500 I did what I consider a good way of checking the printer performance. I printed some real work on the demo machine available.
Everything ok exept for two issues:
In a total os 500 prints made 4 came out with magenta misregistration on bottom of page and noted misregistration in duplex printing (up to 1,5mm) .
I mean the 1st side is ok but the 2nd side does not stay in same position on the bottom side only. The print comes out skewed a bit but differently from sheet to sheet.

Is this typical to this printer?
What is your experience on this?

Thanks

random
09-29-2008, 06:09 AM
When the sheet comes out the first side is called the lead edge the last edge out is the trail edge. The edge nearest to you as the sheet comes out is the inboard edge the edge towards the back of the machine is the outboard edge.

Is the movement lead edge to trail edge or inboard to outboard?

What size/weight/type of paper.

superlas
09-29-2008, 10:54 AM
The 2nd image comes out of place at the trail edge side. The lead edge is ok.

The prints were made in digital-ready silk coated SRA3 paper 130g and 250g.

random
09-30-2008, 06:48 AM
The paper is streching or shrinking compare the length of a printed sheet (directly after printing) and a unprinted sheet. The sheet will be longer or shorter by the amount the crop marks are out. There is a chart adjustment that will counter this. Or you can just change the horizontal magnification.

superlas
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I understand what you mean about paper deformation caused by heat and possible calibration to compensate.
I guess I did not explain correctly.
The 2nd print varies position on the trail edge side in the inbord/outbord direction. This variation is not equal sheet after sheet.
Thanks

bigmark
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
THis will sometimes happen especially if you are using tray 4 of the PF-601 paper feed unit for certain stiffer, or slicker stocks. Try tray 5 of the PF unit, or even the main body drawers. Tray 5 has a more direct path into the machine. whats happening is you are getting a slight skew coming out of the drawer. also of course, make sure the trays are reasonably tight against the paper. there are several things a good tech can do to help correct these issues.

random
10-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Like big mark says this can be adjusted by a tech.

If both stocks have the same problem and come from the PF then I would suggest the PF unit hasn't been installed properly. If regular paper backs up properly then this may be a feature of the stock you have. You should use short grain stock on a c6500.

Either way the 'chart adjustment' will account for skew should you execute it.

ni311
10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
In my opinion, C6500 is one of the best machines ever from KM. Just go for it and you won't regret it.

Custom Search