PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C225e CE password on/off option missing

Custom Search

copier tech
10-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Hi all,

I have taken on a few Bizhub models that have the default CE password enabled 927x xxxx xxxx xxxx

I like to disable this as its painful to enter every time, however the option to turn off CE password in enhanced security is not there.

I guess there is a SW to hide this does anyone know what this SW is please?

Synthohol
10-08-2018, 02:01 PM
while in service mode hit stop-9 or stop 0 clear

copyman
10-08-2018, 06:09 PM
"Stop, 0 , Clear" immediately after entering service mode. This will get you into the enhanced security mode. Touch "CE Password" tab, select of.

tsbservice
10-08-2018, 06:55 PM
I believe copier tech knows well how to enter enhanced security mode but option to turn off CE password isn't available...

copyman
10-08-2018, 07:16 PM
After reading the post again it mentions the CE password tab is missing. That's what happens when you read too fast, don't have glasses on or just too damn old! ha-ha

Sorry wish I could be more help but I never saw that or heard of any soft sw to turn that feature off/on.

Synthohol
10-09-2018, 04:23 AM
can you do a system clear? should go back to default.
i am also guilty of needing glasses as well ;)
maybe print the SW switch list from a good machine and compare hex?

Schneider
10-09-2018, 08:55 AM
The CE Authentication option in Enhanced Security is likely disabled for 2 reasons.

Firstly and most likely is if Remote Panel is ON for client and server or if Enhanced Security Mode is ON, either of these options will disabled the CE Authentication option in Enhanced Security within service mode.

copier tech
10-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, model is C224e & also saw it on a C227 today

I’d like to turn the option back so we have to option.

See attached pic option to turn off CE authentication is not there.

tsbservice
10-10-2018, 06:59 PM
From Service manual when Password Rules are set to Enable, CE Authentication will not be displayed and cannot be set to OFF:

7.89.1 Password Rules
(1) Use
• To set whether to apply the password rules.
• To apply the password rule to enhance security.
• Passwords to be covered: CE password, administrator password, user password, account track password, public user box password,
user box administrator password, passwords for confidential documents, WebDAV server password, SNMPv3 Write User password,
remote panel server password, Encryption Passphrase
• Details of the password rules:
• Minimum number of characters specified in [Set Minimum Password Length] (Default: 12 characters)
• Upper- and lower-case letters are distinguished in alphabetical letters.
• Only one-byte symbols can be used.
• Password with only the same letter is prohibited.
• Password same with the one prior to change is prohibited.
NOTE
• When the password rule is set to [Enable], the password cannot be changed or registered unless it follows the above
conditions.
• When [Enable] is selected, it is possible to determine the minimum number of characters that a password can contain. (8 to 64 characters,
Default: 12 characters)
(2) Default setting
• Invalid
(3) Setting item
• Enable
• “Invalid”
NOTE
• If [Administrator Settings] -> [Security Settings] -> [Enhanced Security Mode] is set to “ON”, selecting “Invalid” in this setting
cancels enhanced security mode.
• [Enable] cannot be selected when the following setting is set to “OFF.”
[Service Mode] -> [Enhanced Security] -> [CE Authentication]
“OFF” setting of [CE Authentication] will not be displayed and cannot be set to “OFF” when [Password Rules] is set to
“Enable.”

Schneider
10-16-2018, 09:36 AM
From Service manual when Password Rules are set to Enable, CE Authentication will not be displayed and cannot be set to OFF:

7.89.1 Password Rules
(1) Use
• To set whether to apply the password rules.
• To apply the password rule to enhance security.
• Passwords to be covered: CE password, administrator password, user password, account track password, public user box password,
user box administrator password, passwords for confidential documents, WebDAV server password, SNMPv3 Write User password,
remote panel server password, Encryption Passphrase
• Details of the password rules:
• Minimum number of characters specified in [Set Minimum Password Length] (Default: 12 characters)
• Upper- and lower-case letters are distinguished in alphabetical letters.
• Only one-byte symbols can be used.
• Password with only the same letter is prohibited.
• Password same with the one prior to change is prohibited.
NOTE
• When the password rule is set to [Enable], the password cannot be changed or registered unless it follows the above
conditions.
• When [Enable] is selected, it is possible to determine the minimum number of characters that a password can contain. (8 to 64 characters,
Default: 12 characters)
(2) Default setting
• Invalid
(3) Setting item
• Enable
• “Invalid”
NOTE
• If [Administrator Settings] -> [Security Settings] -> [Enhanced Security Mode] is set to “ON”, selecting “Invalid” in this setting
cancels enhanced security mode.
• [Enable] cannot be selected when the following setting is set to “OFF.”
[Service Mode] -> [Enhanced Security] -> [CE Authentication]
“OFF” setting of [CE Authentication] will not be displayed and cannot be set to “OFF” when [Password Rules] is set to
“Enable.”

This is what I was referring to in my previous post.

The option is missing due to Enhanced Security is configure or Remote Panel is Configured. The only solution to get it back is to disable those features.

All machines here from Konica Minolta come with Remote Panel configured and that setting is always missing. Disable remote panel setting in the web browser and the option returns.

I am still yet to see a Machine configured with Enhanced Security on.40887

Custom Search