PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C3350 auto cancels print job after receiving task

Custom Search

Tempus
10-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Hello,

The printer is in a domain and works for all users except 3 new users. The users have to proper permission use the printer in the domain, proper drivers to the printer and communication.

The tasks spools, leaves the client machine and lands at the printer. In the printer history, it simply show the proper user and the status "canceling" . This automatically happens upon the printer receiving the task.

The printer is set to only print when the user logins in to the printer through the touch screen. All new user have a local account on the printer matching their domain user name.

I've been looking at all the domain settings and printer setting and I can't find the issue..... maybe someone knows where to look.

Only option I've seen is factory reset on and I don't really want to try that.

Thanks in advance!

Schneider
10-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Sounds like they have User Authentication or Account Track enabled and the jobs are deleting because they are failing authentication.

You can log in via Page Scope Web Page Admin and look at which type is configured, you should see accounts already listed for current users.

Then you can create a new account for the new users. (note usernames are also case sensitive)

Those details then have to be added to the print driver at each users workstation in devices and printers via Printer References - Basic Tab - User Authentication/Account Track.

Hope this helps.

Tempus
10-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Those details then have to be added to the print driver at each users workstation in devices and printers via Printer References - Basic Tab - User Authentication/Account Track.

Hope this helps.

AHH!! That was what was missing, complety forgot that this functionality was there and never tried that. Thank you so much! :D

Custom Search