PDA

View Full Version : CQ Kip CQ issue after complete pm.

Custom Search

DSharpe
10-16-2018, 03:31 PM
We had a tech to go out to a kip 7100 that had 350k sf and he decided to do a complete pm on the machine. Drum, ts and charge wires, dv unit rebuild and fuser rebuild. We are getting some void areas in the print. If you run the shorter test print of the air cylinder it runs perfectly fine. When you run the 60" test print the void areas show up. You can run 3 test prints of the cylinder and it runs perfectly fine with no void. Voids areas always on the left left but the right side the very thins are extremely lite. Trying to upload pics but its not letting me for some reason. Thanks

Flash
10-17-2018, 12:45 AM
Try adjusting the fuser speed and check the drum and make sure it is seated properly.

blackcat4866
10-17-2018, 12:51 AM
If it started right about the same time you did the PM, you need to check the flanges that lock in the drum. There are two aluminum castings that have a slot to insert the bearings/bearing flanges, then rotate 1/4 turn and lock down. If the bearing flanges are not in the grooves, and pinched between the casting and the frame, you can get very interesting white voids like you describe. Check both right and left.

Sorry, it's kind of difficult to describe. I wish I had a photo. The cast aluminum pieces should be completely flush to the frame when they are installed properly. =^..^=

Custom Search