PDA

View Full Version : Animation Frim-where for c654...and K dev spew?

Custom Search

Synaux
10-17-2018, 04:54 AM
Anyone willing to share FM, PM me :)

(I have lost my access to the KM website for a few years now and for the most part no longer service MFPs anymore.)

Also, this is more of a question of curiosity:
Has anyone seen these machine K dev-spew? I changed the black dev unit and drum and immediately had a huge puddle of gritty crap spewing all of over the dev carriage and a nasty grey band for about 1/4 on prints (towards the operator side).

I took it all apart, cleaned and reinstalled with no issues, but it is now its pulling a reoccurring P14 so I assume IDC/tranf belt cleaning tomorrow.

This is a pretty simple process... am I noobing up something simple?! I would rather not have to eat my lunch on something so simple again.

Oh one more thing, I have 2 of these c654s on this location (these are new beasts for me and never noticed this on the older MFPs). I noticed that the internal temp recorded in SM was 37C (almost 100degrees fahrenheit) with the other humming at a cool 24C in an ambient temp of 76f. Which fans/screens should I look at first?

There is also 30% discrepancy in the in humidity readings too--these machines are in the same room and less than 3' from each other.

Many thanks as always :)

CompyTech
10-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Sounds like a bad HV board. You'll have to change the drum and developer unit again after replacing the HV board.

tech51
10-17-2018, 09:12 PM
I’ve had the occasional dev spew from these machines.
I vacced them out and replaced the dev & drum units and they’ve been fine ever since.
What life is on the units?
As for the temperature difference, I would check/replace the filters (ozone & toner).
Not sure how accurate the sensors in the machine are though.

Synaux
10-18-2018, 04:00 AM
Sounds like a bad HV board. You'll have to change the drum and developer unit again after replacing the HV board.

Lets hope not...perhaps a silly question but why is it necessary to replace the drum & dev in conjunction to with the High Voltage board?

I’ve had the occasional dev spew from these machines.
I vacced them out and replaced the dev & drum units and they’ve been fine ever since.
What life is on the units?
As for the temperature difference, I would check/replace the filters (ozone & toner).
Not sure how accurate the sensors in the machine are though.

Well...the life is about 3/4 but PQ was excellent and still is. (Was swapping from the other machine that got a brand new set of IUs and K dev--$$$.)
:rolleyes:

Tomorrow I will switch the old one back (still decent PQ) because there is still a very slight spew and 2 very thin but readily noticeable bandings.

I have not found the temp sensor in the manual(s)...yet...I believe on the prior models the humidity sensor was on the bottom of the frame behind the back panel.

I changed the ozone and toner filters with curious results: The cool-runner is now 3 Celsius warmer and the hot-bastard is 1 Celsius cooler with no difference in the humidity reading. I admit that this is a somewhat pedantic exploration as the machines are running fine (although almost 100f is pretty damn hot if not reading directly from a CPU or a chipset (which by the way makes me wonder if the temp sensor is on the MFP board but the other machine is a little too cool for that).

Also, the P-14 has evaporated after cleaning all the usual suspects.

CompyTech
10-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Lets hope not...perhaps a silly question but why is it necessary to replace the drum & dev in conjunction to with the High Voltage board?

It's a worst case scenario. Check this out just in case:

Problem Solution
ID: KBA00031953
Related Products:bizhub C454e,bizhub 224e,bizhub 284e,bizhub 364e,bizhub 454e,bizhub 554e,bizhub 654,bizhub 654e,bizhub 754,bizhub 754e,bizhub C224,bizhub C224e,bizhub C284,bizhub C284e,bizhub C364,bizhub C364e,bizhub C454,bizhub C554,bizhub C554e,bizhub C654,bizhub C654e,bizhub C754,bizhub C754e
Related Options:

Problem
PROBLEM: Developer loss, developer pulling from the developing units

Multiple "P" codes, (P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P21, P25, P28, etc).and poor copy quality may occur.
The copies may have a "gritty" feel to the surface.
Developer may be found in the waste Toner box.

Solution
CAUSE: If a High Voltage (HV) short condition occurs, developer can be pulled from the developing unit onto the drum.

SOLUTION: Perform the following procedure:

Inspect the High voltage points from the back of the machine to the HV unit and developer units. Carefully check for signs of shorting or arcing at all contacts, plastic casings of the HV and developing contact assemblies to the frame and other nearby components or wiring.

Refer to the illustration and photos below.

https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000017251&fieldId=302311216&userId=matt_george

https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000017251&fieldId=302311217&userId=matt_george

https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000017251&fieldId=302311218&userId=matt_george

2. After replacing any failed parts, thoroughly clean the machine of any toner and developer dusting.
3. Parts that may need to be replaced may include, but not limited to the following:
- Waste Toner box
- Developer
- Drum unit
- Cleaning unit
- Transfer Belt unit

4. Perform all standard counter resets, adjustments & calibrations, as noted in the Field Service manual, bulletins and technical documents.

Custom Search