PDA

View Full Version : Some MFPs stop communicating with the CSRC

Custom Search

Bix
10-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Hello,

it is about 1 year that I configure the machines with the CSRC.

Sometimes it happens that some MFPs stop communicating. A solution is to contact the customer and ask to turn off / on the machine from the main switch.

Once I had to reconfigure the printer connection with the CSRC server because the simple on / off did not work.

The strange thing is that customers do not make changes to the network and it seems an internal blockage of the machine (in fact they often have them have more than one printer and the others continue to communicate).

Surely some of you will ask me the model of the MFP. The problem is that this happens more or less in all the machines (bizhub 308e, 4052 etc.) and in other my customers.

The firmware is updated. Rather! I will tell you about a recent event: In a bizhub 4052, due to another problem, I have updated the firmware for version 4.2. After the update, I go back to the office and find that the machine has stopped communicating with the CSRC.

This is quite frustrating and can discourage making updates.

Does anyone happen something like that?

monarke4
10-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Is the equipment in question using the latest network drivers?

When the communication drops, can the equipment still be seen and connected to on the local network?

Is this the only equipment site which has this problem, or do you have other installations which experience the same condition(s)?

You might consider contacting Konica-Minolta Support if no one here has any other recommendations.

tech51
10-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Which protocol are you using to communicate?

NeoMatrix
10-17-2018, 11:25 PM
Likelyhood, Windows O/S clean and green policy :

Check the Ethernet and WiFi adapter settings.

[x] Allow windows to turn off this device to save power.

HTH

Choclit007
10-18-2018, 12:01 AM
I have had a few devices stop reporting.
I would delete/recreate them & RAM clear the machines before reconfiguring them only to get 3002 errors.

I tried using the ConnectionChecker-v1.2.0 software [even using the network cable from the copier] to determine the problem but it would report OK, successful upload & downloading.

If you can download this utility it may be of some use.
It will at least confirm that the network [still?] allows access to the CSRC servers.

monarke4
10-18-2018, 01:51 AM
I would delete/recreate them & RAM clear the machines before reconfiguring them only to get 3002 errors.

I tried using the ConnectionChecker-v1.2.0 software [even using the network cable from the copier] to determine the problem but it would report OK, successful upload & downloading.

If you can download this utility it may be of some use.
It will at least confirm that the network [still?] allows access to the CSRC servers.

There seems to be many choices for Connection Checker, and It doesn't seem 100% clear which one is the right utility.

Maybe you could share or the name of the company/person who wrote the software?

Bix
10-18-2018, 11:09 AM
I use the HTTP1 protocol

tech51
10-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Http is flaky to say the least. We tend to get a more stable communication using email2.

Choclit007
10-18-2018, 09:32 PM
From the about box:

CS Remote Care Global Services
Connection Checker
Application Version: 1.2.0.0
Konica Minolta

Utility was downloaded from Mykonicaminolta.com

and
10-29-2018, 06:17 PM
Hello,

it is about 1 year that I configure the machines with the CSRC.

Sometimes it happens that some MFPs stop communicating. A solution is to contact the customer and ask to turn off / on the machine from the main switch.

Once I had to reconfigure the printer connection with the CSRC server because the simple on / off did not work.

The strange thing is that customers do not make changes to the network and it seems an internal blockage of the machine (in fact they often have them have more than one printer and the others continue to communicate).

Surely some of you will ask me the model of the MFP. The problem is that this happens more or less in all the machines (bizhub 308e, 4052 etc.) and in other my customers.

The firmware is updated. Rather! I will tell you about a recent event: In a bizhub 4052, due to another problem, I have updated the firmware for version 4.2. After the update, I go back to the office and find that the machine has stopped communicating with the CSRC.

This is quite frustrating and can discourage making updates.

Does anyone happen something like that?

If the firmware with function version 4.2 is applied, the setting of TLS1.0/SSL3.0 is turned OFF. Check and reactive this.

Brett GS
10-29-2018, 09:30 PM
Http is flaky to say the least. We tend to get a more stable communication using email2.

Email isnt to stable our side,have to visit machines all the time that stop communicating.

rrrohan
10-31-2018, 09:56 AM

I tried using the ConnectionChecker-v1.2.0 software

i dont know if i trust that

KM discontinued using port 80 ages ago when they forced SSL port 443 but ive run that software on port 80 and it says its ok.

i think best thing to do is just ram clear and reconfig from scratch

EarthKmTech
11-02-2018, 12:21 AM
i dont know if i trust that

KM discontinued using port 80 ages ago when they forced SSL port 443 but ive run that software on port 80 and it says its ok.

i think best thing to do is just ram clear and reconfig from scratch

2 different servers, the one accepting connections on port 80 was at capacity, but still works. Older models don't work with modern SSL so its not going anywhere yet.

copier tech
09-24-2020, 07:23 AM
If the firmware with function version 4.2 is applied, the setting of TLS1.0/SSL3.0 is turned OFF. Check and reactive this.

I am facing this same issue it seems that after upping the function version these machines fail to connect.

Where do I need to turn back on these TLS setting please?

tsbservice
09-24-2020, 09:11 AM
I am facing this same issue it seems that after upping the function version these machines fail to connect.

On bizhub C250i

Bix
09-24-2020, 10:00 AM

Yes, you have to activate it.
It also disables WebDAV

copier tech
09-24-2020, 01:42 PM
On bizhub C250i

Most of mine dropping off are 4e series.

tsbservice
09-24-2020, 02:11 PM

Doesn't matter. Still under [Security] - [PKI Settings] - [SSL Setting]

Bix
09-24-2020, 02:49 PM

The absurd thing is that in some cases it works for me even with those two flags disabled and then stop working at any moment.
So do it! Disable those flags like my colleague tbservice says! :)

copyrooks
09-24-2020, 04:09 PM
I have the same issue randomly with different series of machines. They'll report for a long time then all of a sudden stop. I hate calling vcare support as they just blame the customer's network and pretty much refuse to assist after giving their usual instructions. I end up asking my admin to re register on the vcare program, i get lucky sometimes but some accounts i end up physically getting the meter or calling and asking them to email if the customer is nice enough.

copier tech
09-24-2020, 04:30 PM
Doesn't matter. Still under [Security] - [PKI Settings] - [SSL Setting]

Thanks i'll check these setting next visit.

Are they only available via Pagescope or can I change this setting via the device panel?

tsbservice
09-24-2020, 05:12 PM
I have done them always through PSWC never from copier panel. Searching from manual didn't show it as doable...might be wrong though.

Custom Search