PDA

View Full Version : C258 print error

Custom Search

copier addict
10-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Hey all
I have a customer with a BH C258 and she is getting an error while printing. She says it is from a powerpoint presentation grid. (Not sure what that is)
It will print some and then stop. When it stops it prints out the error indicated on the attachments.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

copier tech
10-18-2018, 06:54 PM
I assume you’ve updated the firmware?

copier addict
10-18-2018, 07:27 PM
I assume you’ve updated the firmware?

The firmware is up to date, but I will be going in to re-install it. Just in case.
Thanks for the response.

tsbservice
10-18-2018, 07:58 PM
What driver they use? Check and make sure they are using latest. If they print with PCL6 use PS instead and vice versa. Definitely looking like FW or driver(driver/software) issue.

jotunn
10-18-2018, 09:13 PM
It seems to be a PostScript error.

May be related to failing hard disk (try to format) or malformed/broken image embedded in presentation (embed images once again/recreate presentation).
Your customer can also try to save presentation in an older format (*.PPT instead *.PPTX) then open that file and print.

Other possible solutions:
1. Turning OFF/ON may solve the problem (temporarily)
2. Update PS driver
3. Try to print this file from another computer, or other version of Powerpoint.
4. Try to use "Print as image" option in driver.
5. Try to change you printer driver’s settings from binary to ASCII.
5. Export presentation to PDF, then print
6. Switch driver to PCL

Synthohol
10-18-2018, 10:21 PM
the margins are off. select fit to page and it usually works.
its a driver issue as the machine itself would not kick out a 2nd page if it only received one page.

Bix
10-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Hello,
maybe it's a character processing problem. Go to the Quality driver settings> Font settings> Download fonts to the printer: Image.

Alternatively, you can save the file as a PDF to your client before printing.

copier addict
10-23-2018, 05:07 PM
Hello,
maybe it's a character processing problem. Go to the Quality driver settings> Font settings> Download fonts to the printer: Image.

Alternatively, you can save the file as a PDF to your client before printing.

Bingo!!!! She called yesterday and said when she saves doc as a PDF it works fine.
Thanks everyone for the responses

guitar9199
10-23-2018, 06:28 PM
I was going to suggest switching to a PCL5 driver. I'm starting to see some quirky things happening with Windows and PCL6, to the point where I'm just not installing that driver anymore unless the customer SPECIFICALLY requests it.

Custom Search