bgbas
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Here you go

Subject:
C455x shortly after power up.
Description:
C455x shortly after power up.
Solution:

CAUSE: Failed laser unit (C4551 - Cyan; C4552 - Magenta; C4553 - Yellow; C4554 - Black).

SOLUTION: To confirm the failure of one of the laser units, perform the following:
1. Power the copier OFF and remove the power cord from the wall.
2. Switch the position of the laser unit with one of the other laser units.
3. Plug in the power cord and power the copier ON.
4. The failure code should change dependent upon the new location. Replace the laser unit as necessary.
MODEL PART NUMBER
C250 4039 R713 00

Rugggero
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I have the same problem too today,with c 4452.Replace the laser unit is the only solution?

B0265
11-26-2008, 06:38 PM
As far as I know the only thing to do is to replace the laser units. We have had laser failures on 4 machines (C203&C253) the last month.

Gergő
11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
We replace laser units very often. This problem is more frequent with c203, c253. When you order new PH unit you will get 4 lasers. You shouldn't change all the 4 units. Only the wrong one.

lanierboy
12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
try replacing the MFPB board if laser code returns after fitting new unit

FOOLscape
12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I have 2 machines giving this code But only when it,s very cold as the day warms up they start working again, I,m guessing its just condensation but if you split the lazer open all the mirrors look okay any ideas.

JSC
12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
There is a problem with C203/252/353 lazer units, especially if its been cold or damp ( anywhere in the UK then.....) It is being investigated in Japan.
We must have changed about 10 lazers so far. if the machine is out of warrenty we only change the faulty unit, if its in warrenty we have to change all 4 to claim back the money.

eckoprint
01-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Hello

I have the same problem with a different machine. OK.. they say to change the laser unit. BUT... Konika Minolta has this laser unit problem worldwide and here in Romania the laser units are hard to get. I tryed for 2 times to change the laser units from other Bizhub c253 and still.. the error still appears especially in the morning. After a while in starts. But this after 1 hour of trying to start the machine. And then it works fine. Untill the machinde gests cold. So.. I changed the laser heads and i still get the error code.

What to do? Is the condensation the REAL problem?

why lasear heads which worked on the original bizhub, when i install them on mine, fail? Is this due to transport?

I understood that Konica Minolta has fixed this problem with the recent buid lasers. BUT.. as i was saying, i ordered them for 2 months or so.. and still didn`t arrive.

I HAVE to find something to fix the problem. Please help.

Thank you

FOOLscape
01-13-2009, 11:14 AM
The easy fix is to get the customer to leave the machine ON day and night. I,ve done the same as you. In the end i got new lasers which have cured my problem, but do make sure you set up the machines correctly after fitting the new lasers. played about with lasers in the work shop, stripped and cleaned everything but still could not get to the bottom of this problem ?????/

FOOLscape
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Thats a great result.If we get that problem again we will try that and let you know if its the cure Cheers Harigabi

chexin51
01-23-2009, 04:57 PM
This is a known issue for these machines - press Konica Minolta to extend the warranty for this issue. They know they have a problem with these lasers. We have not paid for any so far but have claimed warranty on all defective lasers.

Rvale
07-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Minolta developed a fix for this problem some time ago, but it still doesnt work proprerly, even after the SOS firmware fix it still brings the error, the only solution available so far is to never allow the equipment to sleep, of course it will worn some other parts out but keeps the costumers sort of happy.

EarthKmTech
07-15-2014, 10:11 AM
SOS mirrors falling out is not the only problem with the c353 series print heads failing.

more often than not in my experience it has been the polygon motor seizing.

rajancshah
01-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I have the Bizhub C353 and when its cold am getting the error C4554 It does disappear once the office has warmed up but is rather annoying as we can not print anything till around 11:30 am every morning, this happened last year during winter too and in summer the machine was fine. Am I right in saying it's a problem with the firmware and the firmware needs updating or do I need to replace the Print Heads and all 4 should be changed?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Custom Search