PDA

View Full Version : IKON 660 Faint line on trail edge

Custom Search

pudgi300
10-22-2018, 03:05 AM
I posted this earlier but put print on the end of title. It would not let me delete or edit the post Sorry did not know about that problem in system.

Have IKON 660 with faint line on trailing edge. Have swapped drums,transfer unit, chargers,replaced lower transfer and separating assmy,cleaned and output erase lamps,cleaned laser lens. Meant to swap out fuser but had to leave today. Thanks for any help or hints.

Schneider
10-22-2018, 05:34 AM
I'm not overly familiar with the 660 but if its similar to the C6501 I would suspect the marks are coming from the fuser belt.

Can always try a stop jam the page before it enters the fuser by opening the main door to see if the marks are present before fusing.

tsbservice
10-22-2018, 06:43 AM
Don't want to sound like a smart a** but the lines are actually at trail edge, so paper should be stopped probably with first half IN fuser to eliminate processing section. But yes that is the way, I also think about bad fuser.
What happens at different paper sizes?

pudgi300
10-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Going in today and swap out fuser. Let you know what happens.

Went in today and swapped the fuser and no change with the line. Did not have machine long enough for more tests. Will reply back when i find something. Thanks for any help.

pudgi300
10-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Still no cure for line. Swapped transfer unit again and no change. Tried to stop between Transfer roller and fuser but very hard to time right. Did facedown print and stopped machine and still have line. Put all density to 0 and run test chart #81 and came out blank but had the line. Blocked the laser lenses one at a time and still had line. Swapped all chargers again and still had line. I said before i changed the 2nd transfer roller and separation assembly. Going to check that area out tomorrow. Thanks

methogod
11-01-2018, 05:06 AM
check the paper in the tray, make sure its not already on the paper from the mill.

find that all the time, chasing ghosts....

Custom Search