PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 7145/JAMS At Fuser

Custom Search

cucuklotz
09-29-2008, 10:19 PM
HI,
Paper was wrapping around upper fuser roller,every other copy.I changed WEB,UFR,LFR And SEP fingers.
Now it jams not as often,but frequently as it starts to come out of fuser.It seems to me that it starts to peel off upper roller,but as paper comes off roller front 3 inches are off and next part of paper looks like it may start going under pawls causing jam .Anything I should look for as a problem with these machines in this regard.
Thanks, ANDY
PS : I have a Konica minolta 7030 at same site,I know fuser units are different ,but could i swap out to test if 7145 is modified 7030 unit?

kmcopytech
09-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Paper was wrapping around upper fuser roller!!!

Sticky roller fixing toner or the melting point of non-performing ???

cucuklotz
09-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Hi,
Thanks for responding.It wasnt really sticky.The rollers were worn and the machine was (IM guessing) running with no web for a while.The therms were dirty,and so was the temp fuse,I cleaned as well as I can,I didnt want to damage.The machine (and it is only one I have seen)seems to run very hot,Could this be problem and if so can I lower fuser temp thru simulations? The front peels off OK ,but it seems almost to catch pawls
after paper sererates off roller(I even thought it was black ,Im guessing duplex guide,that was problem.
Thanks, ANDY

Haroldbfix
09-30-2008, 03:35 AM
HI,
Paper was wrapping around upper fuser roller,every other copy.I changed WEB,UFR,LFR And SEP fingers.
Now it jams not as often,but frequently as it starts to come out of fuser.It seems to me that it starts to peel off upper roller,but as paper comes off roller front 3 inches are off and next part of paper looks like it may start going under pawls causing jam .Anything I should look for as a problem with these machines in this regard.
Thanks, ANDY
PS : I have a Konica minolta 7030 at same site,I know fuser units are different ,but could i swap out to test if 7145 is modified 7030 unit?

Unfortunately make sure the UFR is OEM, if not you will have this fuser wrapping issue. Been there done that.:)

nmfaxman
09-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Thick density toner is sticking to the UFR.
Non OEM toner or overtoning due to running DV setup with with old developer.
If you can feel the cross pattern from a test chart it is overtoned.
You fixed the symptom without fixing the problem.
Fresh DV with a VERY clean DV unit and then run the L detect.
Wouldn't hurt to put in a good DV sensor and clean the ID sensor.
Run "L" detect then gamma adjustments.

Custom Search