PDA

View Full Version : C754e b/w copies counting as color

Custom Search

Brett GS
10-23-2018, 07:19 PM
I got a Bizhub C754e that when set to auto color and when the client copies a black and white document off the glass it click a color click,there is no color at all on the document.
From the ADF it click a black click.
Any advice as too what setting i can try,i will be going there tomorow.

Brett

Synthohol
10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
just set the machine to do black and white by default when they what color they can choose color there is something where you could choose the auto color range where it switches to color instead of black and white it's like sensitivity black and white sensitivity or something like that

tsbservice
10-23-2018, 07:59 PM
You may check criterion level to discriminate between B&W and Color originals under:
Utility(User settings) > System settings > Auto color level adjust

Brett GS
10-23-2018, 08:00 PM
just set the machine to do black and white by default when they what color they can choose color there is something where you could choose the auto color range where it switches to color instead of black and white it's like sensitivity black and white sensitivity or something like that

Yip found it in the manual, ACS level
Will give it a go tomorow.

Brett GS
10-23-2018, 08:00 PM
You may check criterion level to discriminate between B&W and Color originals under:
Utility(User settings) > System settings > Auto color level adjust

Thanks will check that too

blackcat4866
10-23-2018, 10:47 PM
All it takes is a little discoloration of the original, or a colored mark on the slit glass to trigger auto color. Better to default to B&W, and let color users make a selection. And yes there is a sensitivity adjustment in Utility. =^..^=

tsbservice
10-24-2018, 07:10 AM
Yep, think BC nailed it. I forgot that original glass has to be clean of any kind of contamination like ball-pen, etc. Make sense, as DF scans through slit glass(first side). Clean entirely original glass and do test, before trying to adjust anything.

Zesti
10-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Yep, think BC nailed it. I forgot that original glass has to be clean of any kind of contamination like ball-pen, etc. Make sense, as DF scans through slit glass(first side). Clean entirely original glass and do test, before trying to adjust anything.

Buddy, you are a genius- cos genius some time miss very obvious thing....thnaks God u didn't go for a FW upgrade or NVRAM reset.:o

Brett GS
10-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Turned out being the ACS setting under user setting, set it to 2 and issue sorted.
Thanks for all the input.

Custom Search