PDA

View Full Version : Konica BH C654 FK-511 installation issue

Custom Search

blazebusiness
10-25-2018, 03:59 PM
Tried to install the Fax Kit on a BH C654. Followed install procedure.
SW2 on fax control board set to Line 1
Mounted in lower socket
Connected the 2 connectors to the appropriate jacks
Set Fax In System 2 Option Board Status
Set Target Maketing Area to US

Will not fax out------job not completed error
When you go to fax settings under Utility -----no options come up...as if the fax option was never installed.

Installed fax board in a different C654 and it installed and it worked fine.....When you go to fax settings under Utility, report settings and all other setup options come up.............Any Ideas?

copier addict
10-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Tried to install the Fax Kit on a BH C654. Followed install procedure.
SW2 on fax control board set to Line 1
Mounted in lower socket
Connected the 2 connectors to the appropriate jacks
Set Fax In System 2 Option Board Status
Set Target Maketing Area to US

Will not fax out------job not completed error
When you go to fax settings under Utility -----no options come up...as if the fax option was never installed.

Installed fax board in a different C654 and it installed and it worked fine.....When you go to fax settings under Utility, report settings and all other setup options come up.............Any Ideas?

Double check in service mode that it is "fax board 1" that is set. Make sure connectors are in correct ports.
Reboot machine. Go back into service mode, fax settings, initialize, select fax function and communication journal and touch yes. Reboot machine.

blazebusiness
10-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Double check in service mode that it is "fax board 1" that is set. Make sure connectors are in correct ports.
Reboot machine. Go back into service mode, fax settings, initialize, select fax function and communication journal and touch yes. Reboot machine.

I think I was very clear in my initial post that all those steps had been done and that taking the same exact steps installing that fax in a 2nd C654 resulted in a successful install.

At this point I'm thinking that reinstalling the C654 firmware might be what resolves the issue.

copier addict
10-25-2018, 04:59 PM
I think I was very clear in my initial post that all those steps had been done and that taking the same exact steps installing that fax in a 2nd C654 resulted in a successful install.

At this point I'm thinking that reinstalling the C654 firmware might be what resolves the issue.

Do you get a dial tone?

blazebusiness
10-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Do you get a dial tone?
Yes, phone line checks out.

blackcat4866
10-26-2018, 12:14 AM
Was this a new fax kit in a box or harvested out of a showroom machine? It's easy to forget the additional memory, etc.
Is the HDD UnSet? =^..^=

Synthohol
10-26-2018, 05:19 AM
try what he ^^^^^^said first.

you can try backing up to USB and do a system data clear and then a fresh copy of firmware.
install movie data and install fax from scratch.
you could print the mgt list from both this one and the other 654 and compare bit switches.
maybe something triggered there?
good luck.

Bix
10-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Hi, try lowering the TX / RX speed in Modem mcu.

Or try to disable ECM.

blazebusiness
10-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Was this a new fax kit in a box or harvested out of a showroom machine? It's easy to forget the additional memory, etc.
Is the HDD UnSet? =^..^= harvested.....but did not see any reference to additional memory required in the Konica installation guide. Interesting that the fax setup features are not available under system settings ....like the fax was never installed. Fax was set properly in service mode System 2 and target marketing area set. I'll have to double check in service mode if hdd option is set....but they are able to scan and assume the hdd is set properly.

Synthohol
10-26-2018, 11:16 PM
you still have to initialize the fax and journal data.
also did you make sure the HDD is set to installed? that will kill the fax if its unset.

blazebusiness
10-27-2018, 12:35 AM
you still have to initialize the fax and journal data.
also did you make sure the HDD is set to installed? that will kill the fax if its unset.
Thanks to all for taking the time to reply......I'll check the hdd to make sure it's set next time I see the customer.

rrrohan
10-27-2018, 12:57 AM
I thought on this model if no HDD it would not let you scan.
At very least you won't have a address book.
Customer would complain about it pretty fast I would imagine.

So I'm guessing HDD is set correctly.

Pretty sure CSRC can show you if HDD is set or not save the drive.

Custom Search