PDA

View Full Version : ID&PRINT with Banner Printing

Custom Search

MDR24
11-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Hi, has anyone tried doing banner printing whilst having ID&Print enabled? I just did an install at a school that requires User Authentification and ID&Print. But when id&print is enabled the banner print option isn't shown. When i disable id&print the banner print option reappears. The only work around I can seem to find is to disable id&print on the copier, then on the server change the output method from print to id&print. The only issue with this is, we all know what teachers are like and there is a chance someone could change the output method back to print, some point down the line. Whereas at least if id&print is enabled all job outputs are converted to id&print.

So my question is, am i missing some setting within admin mode? Is there a way to keep ID&Print enabled on the copier AND have the banner option? Or is the above the best alternative option?

The machine in question is an Ineo+458.

allan
11-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Billing issue because of the size?
Will it print off USB?

rrrohan
11-06-2018, 08:38 AM
I think the universal driver has a option to lock output method so user can't change it

MDR24
11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Allan, I think it has more to do with when banner mode is enabled it locks the queue out? So when ID&Print is enabled on the machine side it sees it as a compatibility issue? Truth be told im guessing. As for printing USB it won't as i cant get in and put it in banner mode initially for it to do so.

rrrohan, I'll have alook into that, I can only remember seeing a "secure print only" tick box but its definetly worth a look. Thank you

MDR24
11-06-2018, 03:56 PM
I think the universal driver has a option to lock output method so user can't change it

Hi rrrohan,

Just setup a print queue using the Generic Universal Driver V3.3. You were right when you go into "Settings" then "Administrator Customise" you can select the output method and have the option to "Lock Setting".
I will need to mimic the settings the school has the next time I get a machine setup in the office. I will let you guys know the outcome but at first glance this will probably solve my query.

Thanks guys.

rrrohan
11-07-2018, 12:35 AM
I just tried it

Works with User Auth On, ID & Print off (at copier),public user ON without login (but I'm sure with password would work to). also make sure the public user is set to print immediately.

Banner Print is still accessible

And if you just lock ID & Print on at the driver using the universal driver then that should work.

if your trying to have staff print on banners I would setup a separate print cue. then in user auth set credentials to Public user. you can also set banner size paper as the default

I prefer the universal print cue. The Admin Settings option is very handy, wish it was on the standard driver

MDR24
12-10-2018, 05:10 PM
RESOLVED

Original issue - When ID&PRINT is enabled the banner print option is disabled. Making it impossible to print banners whilst using id&print.

With the increase of customers worrying about GDPR issues the above situation is becoming increasingly common for us. Especially at schools who use banners.

Resolution

Set Dipsw 200 to Hex 40. This enables the banner print option when using ID&PRINT. Note: Machine must be on at least VG00-Q4/ V4.2 function level.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

emujo2
12-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Another dip switch not listed in the SM..Thanks KM. E

Custom Search