PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C452 No Scanning to Email or Fax

Custom Search

larweedad
11-01-2018, 08:40 PM
I have a C452 that quit scanning to email and transmitting faxes. Go to admin mode fax settings, only 5. function set is there. Send a fax I get email log in error. Email is the same error. But they can receive faxes. On the fax screen all saved fax numbers are gone and the on hook button is missing. The email one touches are still there. Changed HDD, Fax board, Initialized both fax boards, reinstalled latest firmware and movie. Still same issues. Waiting on mfp board unless someone else has a clue what the issue could be.

Phil B.
11-01-2018, 09:00 PM
I have a C452 that quit scanning to email and transmitting faxes. Go to admin mode fax settings, only 5. function set is there. Send a fax I get email log in error. Email is the same error. But they can receive faxes. On the fax screen all saved fax numbers are gone and the on hook button is missing. The email one touches are still there. Changed HDD, Fax board, Initialized both fax boards, reinstalled latest firmware and movie. Still same issues. Waiting on mfp board unless someone else has a clue what the issue could be.

why do you think is machine related?
you failed to mention: how are you scanning? (smb/FTP)
what OS are they running on the "scan to PC"
sounds like some changed to a simple interface...
what process did you use for troubleshooting?
could it be a firmware/Win10 issue?

allan
11-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Initialize the machine settings as well.
Is it running any embedded stuff?

Wait a minute

...both fax boards

Remove and or unset fax2 to test.
Check if the line selection is ok.

mo0651
11-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Fax board set?? Hdd set?? Marketing area?:cool:

rrrohan
11-02-2018, 01:40 AM
If only the fax address are gone HDD must be on but fax sounds like it's off

Zesti
11-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Does error log mention anything?
Review if anything was changed before that problem arise.
Take a good look into circumstances before problem show up, I believe you will find answer.

larweedad
11-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Windows 10 has nothing to do with problem. HDD is on Firmware reinstalled. its one fax board. the copier knows its there otherwise I would not receive any faxes and no fax buttons in service and admin mode. the issue is scan to email and fax transmit. Both show in the log as email and log in error.

Phil B.
11-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Windows 10 has nothing to do with problem. HDD is on Firmware reinstalled. its one fax board. the copier knows its there otherwise I would not receive any faxes and no fax buttons in service and admin mode. the issue is scan to email and fax transmit. Both show in the log as email and log in error.

is there a numeric error code in the error log?

Zesti
11-03-2018, 08:31 AM

"Both show in the log as email and log in error"
Here's the clue for you.

Did you perform a data clear and setup new accounts?

Zesti
11-03-2018, 09:01 AM
OK, I go through your post carefully and found all information you entered.
Do a NVRAM reset and surely you'll good to go.

larweedad
11-07-2018, 09:45 PM
did copier reset with old mfp. did not work replaced mfp board everything is working now.

Custom Search