PDA

View Full Version : C2070 click issue.

Custom Search

bamafan
11-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone,
We have a customer with a C2070, IC-603A controller that is using quark express. When he prints a job with a color cover and b/w inside pages, the machine clicks everything color. No matter what we do, we can't figure out how to make it click the inside b/w and only the cover color. All Konica tells us is to make sure and preflight the job. I'd pull my hair out but there's not much left to pull these days. Lol

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Synthohol
11-02-2018, 06:09 PM
I think there's a setting in the driver for treat Gray's as black if that doesn't work preprint the covers put them in a tray and use cover mode so it doesn't put an image on it and then the rest of your job is all in black and white
The other way is save the job as a pdf and use foxit reader to print the pdf.
The reason I say foxit and not adobe is adobe sucks and does not differentiate color and black in the same file. Foxit always worked seperating the clicks.
There may be a setting in Adobe to treat grey as black but I haven't found it yet. I just know foxit works every time for me.

Synthohol
11-04-2018, 01:30 PM
The reason that many of the color printers will count a page as color, even though the page content looks like Black and White or Gray, is that many “Office” applications create or use graphics using RGB data. Even though a graphic may be black, it uses RGB values of 0-0-0 to achieve black or will use equal values of RGB to represent gray. As far as a Konica Minolta printer is concerned, this is color information and will therefore count the page as a color page. This scenario applies to applications like Microsoft® Office Word, Excel and Publisher, to name a few. Higher end applications like Adobe® PageMaker®/InDesign®/Illustrator® and Quark® typically use the CMYK color space.
A job can consist of just K (Black), with no CMY components. This will print as just black. If printing a gray shade from one of these applications, a halftone screen would have to be used using just K or using equal values of CMYK, which would count as color.
Note: If the files have been converted to a PDF, Acrobat® 6 and 7 Pro have built-in Preflighting tools under the “Advanced” menu. Preflighting the document will provide detail of what color components each graphic is composed. Other add-ons, such as Enfocus© PitStop Professional will also provide the same capabilities from within Acrobat®.

bugzy
11-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Firmware

tsbservice
11-14-2018, 04:30 PM
There is setting in driver(PCL only) when the color selection is set to Auto/Color to change a criterion for judging Gray area wheather an original is color or monochrome.
It is under Other tab -- Convert to Grey Scale check box

Custom Search