PDA

View Full Version : C652 background only when using scanner

Custom Search

copierdude1114
11-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Attached is a sample of the problem. Internal prints are fine. This happens on platen as well. Cleaned optics and reseated connections at scanner board, no difference.

Zesti
11-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Dude,
What about scanning to PC and copying in color?
Check scanning both color and B&W and let us know.

Phil B.
11-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Attached is a sample of the problem. Internal prints are fine. This happens on platen as well. Cleaned optics and reseated connections at scanner board, no difference.

oh so you cleaned optics and reseatted connections... did you run "white plate adjust" or any other scanner calibrations?

when cleaning did you lube rails and make sure connection on lamp/CCD correct?

what type environment are we talking about?

is this constant or at certain times of day?(morning right after boot? Rainy/cold days?)

copierdude1114
11-05-2018, 04:18 PM
This started about 6 months ago intermittently, and was noticed when scanning to PC. As of now, it is constant. Every single copy or scan, color as well. As far as "white plate adjust" and other scan calibrations, if you could point me to where those are in the manual that'd be great because the manual states under System 2 and Scan Calibrations, "this feature isn't available in this machine".

tsbservice
11-05-2018, 07:12 PM
I would suggest you going through SM troubleshooting procedures related to Scanner system. Particularly in Fog,Moire and Abnormal image.

D_L_P
11-05-2018, 07:44 PM

That looks like they scanned colored paper, but it's not. So the white reference is off. The easiest place to start is if they changed some default scan setting. Did they set the default exposure to darkest? Or default original type to something other than text or text/photo? Maybe someone did a white balance adjustment without any paper on the glass?

Check the user settings then do a white balance adjustment.

Zesti
11-06-2018, 07:16 AM
This started about 6 months ago intermittently, and was noticed when scanning to PC. As of now, it is constant. Every single copy or scan, color as well. As far as "white plate adjust" and other scan calibrations, if you could point me to where those are in the manual that'd be great because the manual states under System 2 and Scan Calibrations, "this feature isn't available in this machine".
Ok I beleive the CCD or the related PCB is failing. Check for harness connection and try replacing CCD. I remember a same problem in C550, CCD was bad.

Albonline
11-08-2018, 08:42 PM

ccd is known to fail on these.

acid
11-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Hi there,
Faced a similar problem on a C253. Looks different from your scan sample but might give you a hint. Prints were fine but when i tried to scan multiple pages using ADF got the result as it can be seen in the pdf i attached.
First page came out ok the rest did not.
Talked to my provider and he said that i might try tightening the wire that drives the whole scanner assy. Did that but the results were the same so.... decided to investigate further and when i moved the frame holding the mirror and the ccd saw that it was wobbling. Thought to myself that you cannot "produce" scans with a wobbling mirror. So i thought that something might be missing that holds that frame in place since that frame has guides on both sides and saw that a washer was missing (and a guide part was out of place) a washer that holds the frame in a certain position. Asked for a washer, received it, put it in place and voila, scan issue resolved.
In the image i've attached i tried to explain what was wrong with my scanner. Guide part out of place and washer missing.
I'm not a tech so i might talk rubbish but i thought that sharing info might give a helping hand or a clue and this is how i resolved my issue .
Cheers!

Scan sample before solving the issue and image showing missing and missplaced parts.

copierdude1114
11-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Turned out to be the CCD

Custom Search