PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 458e scanning cut edges

Custom Search

Bix
11-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Hello,

I have one question about bizhub 458e.

The client pointed out to me that the scans, the edges are cut.

I saw in the Service Manual "ADF automatic adjustment". But I did not understand the procedure: should you insert the white paper or the chart that is given during the first calibration installation?

What is the distinction between Sub Scanning and Main Scanning? The first is done by DF while the second on the glass?

Let me know.
Thanks in advance.

blackcat4866
11-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Are you asking: "Why are there edge voids on scans?"

=^..^=

copier addict
11-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Hello,

I have one question about bizhub 458e.

The client pointed out to me that the scans, the edges are cut.

I saw in the Service Manual "ADF automatic adjustment". But I did not understand the procedure: should you insert the white paper or the chart that is given during the first calibration installation?

What is the distinction between Sub Scanning and Main Scanning? The first is done by DF while the second on the glass?

Let me know.
Thanks in advance.

The way I understand the difference between sub scan and main scan is, main scan is the printing and sub scan is the movement of the paper. I could have that entirely wrong though.
The edge void can be adjusted in service mode. I believe it is under the "Machine" tab.

tsbservice
11-06-2018, 06:31 PM
There is difference between scan/copy from glass and DF.
DF must be setup properly otherwise there may be loss of image due to image been shifted front to rear, or lead to trail edge.
Main scan is Y axis and Sub scan is X axis if you take original glass as xy coordinate system, to keep it simple.

Synthohol
11-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Easy demo, take a sky shot and explain the void frame will never be copied ever.
If it's uneven then adjustments can be made but there is always a frame void.
Simple solution is to reduce the copy/scan to 98% so you can see the whole document.

Bix
11-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Hi guys,
thank you so much. I missed the option in "Machine", it's very useful!

I didn't know about the X and Y axis, thanks again! :)

Custom Search