PDA

View Full Version : Airprint/Mopria

Custom Search

kingarthur
11-06-2018, 04:44 PM
This is probably a really stupid question.....my IT/network knowledge isn't brilliant
We've got a customer with a C308, Airprint & Mopria are both turned on, but no one can see the printer on any iphone or android device.... but everyone can print wirelessly to the C308 on their macs & windows pcs....what am i missing.....if I go on the KM app on my phone and input the IP of the bizhub on their wi-fi, I can't find it, but the customers are using the IP to print from their macs & pcs :confused:

tsbservice
11-06-2018, 05:57 PM
This may not apply in your case, but to use AirPrint or/and Mopria, it may be necessary to update the device firmware.

Synthohol
11-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Are the devices logged on to the wireless network? If not that's your answer.

copier tech
11-06-2018, 09:17 PM
This may not apply in your case, but to use AirPrint or/and Mopria, it may be necessary to update the device firmware.

The 8 series have AirPrint enabled by default.

AirPrint can be a bit tempermental especially on a large scale network phones/ipads need to be on same network as the copier.

kingarthur
11-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Are the devices logged on to the wireless network? If not that's your answer. that's what's confusing me, they are printing wirelessly to using the MFPs IP address....it's a hub where it's based, so they have different people coming in and using their network, because, apparently, it's a lot of hassle to download the print drivers and connecting via the IP, they want their clients to be able to use airprint for their MACs....

Bix
11-08-2018, 09:02 AM
In some cases, some large networks have IP redirection. A problem could be the firewall if it is present.

copier tech
11-08-2018, 10:03 AM
that's what's confusing me, they are printing wirelessly to using the MFPs IP address....it's a hub where it's based, so they have different people coming in and using their network, because, apparently, it's a lot of hassle to download the print drivers and connecting via the IP, they want their clients to be able to use airprint for their MACs....

The AirPort express is ideal for that, this will give the mac users AirPrint access.

B0265
11-08-2018, 10:24 AM
that's what's confusing me, they are printing wirelessly to using the MFPs IP address....it's a hub where it's based, so they have different people coming in and using their network, because, apparently, it's a lot of hassle to download the print drivers and connecting via the IP, they want their clients to be able to use airprint for their MACs....
If AirPrint is enabled on the C308 and you add it as a printer on a Mac computer, AirPrint is usually selected as default protocol.

tsbservice
11-13-2018, 07:13 PM
From manuals:
https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C287-C227-UD/EN/contents/id08-_102039433.html#p-1

https://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/airprint/pdf/AirPrint_guide_opg_1-6-1_eu.pdf (https://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/airprint/pdf/AirPrint_guide_opg_1-6-1_eu.pdf)

You need to set using Mopria/AirPrint to ON(default OFF).

Hope that helps.

mincopier
11-13-2018, 10:57 PM
The 8 series have AirPrint enabled by default.

AirPrint can be a bit tempermental especially on a large scale network phones/ipads need to be on same network as the copier.

Went to an "8" series machine today and it was not turned on by default. Just saying.

allan
11-13-2018, 10:58 PM
Mobile devices(phones) can be identified by the MAC address range given to the manufacturer. Useless info :)
Connecting to the same wifi network?

Can you ping the phone from a PC?

mincopier
11-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Not sure if it is needed or not but make sure "Bonjour" is enabled.

On the machine I did today AirPrint needed enabled under Common Settings, then Print needed enabled under Print. One of the should have "SSL Only" and SSL/Non-SSL"

emujo2
11-15-2018, 01:41 PM
We have the same situation in our office..MACs on wired network can see KM devices, IOS do not. AirPrint is on/enabled..The reason for this is our wireless network is a different segment and AirPrint protocols do not cross network segments.

Our Network

Wired=10.10.x.x
Wireless=10.215.x.x

Airprint cannot see the 10.10 segment. Hope this helps. Emujo

D_L_P
11-16-2018, 02:57 AM
This is probably a really stupid question.....my IT/network knowledge isn't brilliant
We've got a customer with a C308, Airprint & Mopria are both turned on, but no one can see the printer on any iphone or android device.... but everyone can print wirelessly to the C308 on their macs & windows pcs....what am i missing.....if I go on the KM app on my phone and input the IP of the bizhub on their wi-fi, I can't find it, but the customers are using the IP to print from their macs & pcs :confused:

Not a dumb question at all, I used to think Airprint was a Mac's version of a wireless network. Airprint and Mopria are services (similar to Bonjour or SNMP) that the device runs on a network. These services allow for driverless printing. Airprint or Mopria don't provide a wired or wireless network themselves, instead they advertise these services on whatever network the copier is on, wireless or even wired.

In your case I'd say the C308 is probably wired to a router. The router provides the wireless access points for the Macs and laptops. They are all on the same network, therefore they can see each other as well as the Airprint/Mopria service.

While the iPhones or Androids are indeed operating wirelessly, they just aren't on the same WiFi network as the copier. They are probably on their service providers network, such as AT&T or Verizon. It's possible they could be on a guest WiFi network too. Guest WiFi sucks because your laptop could get a 192.168.0.10 ip address and the copier could have a 192.168.0.11 ip address and yet, not be able to ping each other. It sounds more likely the phones are just on their service providers wireless network.

If you can get your phone to join the customers WiFi network 1st, then try PageScope mobile and I'll bet it would connect.

The other option is if your Bizhub has the UK-212/215 kit installed. Then the Bizhub can provide it's own WiFi network for any phone or laptop to connect to. It would be listed with the other options installed in the customer menus or in service mode under "Network" there would be a 2nd network card settings menu.

tsbservice
11-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Given that Mopria/Air Print are On.
There are two possibilities:
1. They don't have UK-212 and EK-608 are installed. Bizhub is connected with LAN cable to the router
who acts as wireless LAN access point. Mobile devices need to be connected to this same network as well.
2. They do have UK-212 and EK-608 installed. Then depending on setup if they want to print from guests mobile devices
WITHOUT connecting to network bizhub should be setup in Wired + Wireless (Primary mode) or Wired + Wireless (Wi-Fi Direct).

NeoMatrix
11-21-2018, 09:43 PM
Some AIRprint MFD's drivers configure/install themselves on a total different subnet to the existing LAN or WiFi network.

If the above is not the fault try :

Check your modem/router is not set for individual WiFi network login.
Some routers can be set for similar WiFi guest mode to isolated every other login from seeing each other including the LAN.
Ie. If ten WiFi users login at the same time; none of those logged onto the network can see each other, including the LAN network printers.

Solution.
Enter the router WIM and change the router setting.

FYI.
WPA2-PSK WiFi protocol has a vulnerability hack. I believe there is a next Gen WPA3-PSK available.

HTH

Synthohol
11-21-2018, 09:49 PM
just had an airprint call with 2 diff subnets.
the IT guy enabled mDNS, entered the copier subnet and Voila!
popped up on the phone in like 10 seconds.
BTW, no extra accessories needed, worked out of the box.

mincopier
11-21-2018, 10:03 PM
As mentioned previously no extra accessories are needed for AirPrint/Mopria to work on a Konicaminolta "8" series machine.

It does need to be enabled in Administrator Settings, Network. Maybe Detailed Settings after Network.

If the copier is wired the local wireless must have access to the wired network. The devices must be on the same network as the copier.

Custom Search