PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c224e with katun toner

Custom Search

m_donakov
11-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Hi all

We are small print shop, i am thinking to change my ricoh mp c4500 with konica minolta c224e. Konica minolta salesman told me that c224e can run realy cheap with katun compatible toners. Do you have experience with katun toners. Print qualiy problems? Or other problems?

Thanks for your help

copier tech
11-09-2018, 08:22 AM
Dont do it trust me compatible toner WILL shorten the life of your image & transfer units.
ofcourse the salesman will tell you what you want to hear.
The C224e series is a very good reliable model producing excellnt print quality why risk ruin that?

rrrohan
11-09-2018, 09:04 AM
its the same as running non genuine inks in your inket printer. yes its cheaper but any savings are lost when you have to buy a new print head or in this case Developer Unit

copier addict
11-09-2018, 02:07 PM
I completely agree with "copier tech" and "rrrohan". KonMin incorporates a specific amount of developer in the toner to keep the ratio correct and prolong the life of the dev units.

guitar9199
11-09-2018, 02:10 PM
I've run Katun black toner in some older machines with no issues, but every machine I've put their color toner in has had early drum/developer failures. Not a fan.

CompyTech
11-09-2018, 02:13 PM
On top of what the others have said about the quality, also good luck if you try to get support from KM and or authorized dealer and they find out you're using 3rd party supplies..

Bix
11-09-2018, 02:23 PM
I confirm. Saving is just an illusion. What you save now you will have to pay in the future. Better OEM.

m_donakov
11-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Thanks to All of you for sharing your opinion. Katun Toner is 3x times cheap than OEM, that is reason i ask you. Because the machine I am now using Ricoh mp c4500 works with compatible toners without any problems and service intervals and are the same as the original ones. What's not the case with Konica Minolta as I can see from your posts.

Thanks

Bix
11-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Thanks to All of you for sharing your opinion. Katun Toner is 3x times cheap than OEM, that is reason i ask you. Because the machine I am now using Ricoh mp c4500 works with compatible toners without any problems and service intervals and are the same as the original ones. What's not the case with Konica Minolta as I can see from your posts.

Thanks

I confirm! Tested it on Ricoh, no problem while with Konica Minolta it caused problems with drums in the long run

guitar9199
11-13-2018, 07:34 PM

Thanks

A very knowledgeable tech I used to work with said Katun color toner was actually more "abrasive" than OEM, and had a slightly different melting point. He had issues on Canon copiers running Katun, where there were toner "strings" built up in the fuser rollers from it not melting properly, and the drums would wear down to the substrate at about 1/2 of rated life.

I trust his assessment.

copier tech
11-13-2018, 09:38 PM
A very knowledgeable tech I used to work with said Katun color toner was actually more "abrasive" than OEM, and had a slightly different melting point. He had issues on Canon copiers running Katun, where there were toner "strings" built up in the fuser rollers from it not melting properly, and the drums would wear down to the substrate at about 1/2 of rated life.

I trust his assessment.

100% agree with this “abrasive” thoery seen so many transfer & image units physically worn out by compatible toner.

guitar9199
11-13-2018, 10:34 PM
100% agree with this “abrasive” thoery seen so many transfer & image units physically worn out by compatible toner.

If you have access to Canon eSupport, that tech is the top contributor on the entire Grid.

"Grid Elite" is his designation!! I've seen Canon corporate engineers defer to his suggestions.... The comments are basically, "Yeah...go ahead and do what Les said!" LOL!

copyman
11-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Good choice switching from Ricoh to Kon min. Keep in mind the C224 will be noticeably slower.

Agree with the others. Genuine toners ONLY on the color models.

With what you will save by not having to replace expensive drum and developer units that often, using genuine will be way less expensive then Katun toners will save you in the long run!

acid
11-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Got a call yesterday from a client. He owns an almost new C227, 53 k. Transfer belt shot. Scratched. Guess what toner is he using? Katun. So i subscribe to the above posts, do not recommend using it. The damage you do is greater than expected.
Cheers.

m_donakov
11-14-2018, 10:22 PM
Got a call yesterday from a client. He owns an almost new C227, 53 k. Transfer belt shot. Scratched. Guess what toner is he using? Katun. So i subscribe to the above posts, do not recommend using it. The damage you do is greater than expected.
Cheers.

Wow this is scary. Damadged transfer after only 53k. I never think that toner can make damage like that. Thanks all for your opinion.

Custom Search