PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Main Power Switch Not Functioning - C6000l

Custom Search

thekvd
11-09-2018, 04:30 PM
I have a KM C6000l. One of my crew powered it down for the weekend and now it won't power up.

When we hit the main switch nothing happens, no lights, no sounds, nothing. Here's what I've done so far:
-Verified power to breaker for outlet - OK
-Verified power to outlet for machine - OK
-Verified power in power cable for conditioner- OK
-Verified power to power conditioner - OK
-Verified power to machine from power conditioner - OK
-Verified power in power cable for machine - OK
-Verified power in cable to main power switch - OK
-Verified power in cable from main power switch - FAIL

What I can't find is a part number for the main power switch or somewhere to buy it. I do leave room for this being me overthinking it and it actually is just a standard switch I can buy anywhere. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks in advance!

Phil B.
11-09-2018, 05:17 PM
I have a KM C6000l. One of my crew powered it down for the weekend and now it won't power up.

When we hit the main switch nothing happens, no lights, no sounds, nothing. Here's what I've done so far:
-Verified power to breaker for outlet - OK
-Verified power to outlet for machine - OK
-Verified power in power cable for conditioner- OK
-Verified power to power conditioner - OK
-Verified power to machine from power conditioner - OK
-Verified power in power cable for machine - OK
-Verified power in cable to main power switch - OK
-Verified power in cable from main power switch - FAIL

What I can't find is a part number for the main power switch or somewhere to buy it. I do leave room for this being me overthinking it and it actually is just a standard switch I can buy anywhere. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks in advance!

Did u test power coming from the LVPS?

thekvd
11-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Did u test power coming from the LVPS?

Pardon me being green here, but LVPS? If you're talking the board inside, yes, I have tested the entire flow of power. The rocker switch for the main power is where it stops no matter if it is flipped on or off.

Seems to be a Panasonic A9j switch that was discontinued a year before this particular machine was made. Seems par for the course. lol

What I can't seem to find is what kind of switch would work in place of it.

thekvd
11-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Look at my 1070's switch I tested the power there and I'm gonna say I'm 90% positive the switch on the 6000 is the culprit. The fact that power from it is non-existant no matter the position of the rocker pretty much confirms it. The issue now is finding a replacement switch for the one that was in it. Does anyone have a "newer" 6000 than mine? Mine is from October of 2013. Perhaps they made the change to a different switch in the next year or so of the machine. I'd love to know the model number.

Synthohol
11-09-2018, 08:49 PM
I know this may sound silly but did you check the sub power switch on top to make sure that was on?

Phil B.
11-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Pardon me being green here, but LVPS? If you're talking the board inside, yes, I have tested the entire flow of power. The rocker switch for the main power is where it stops no matter if it is flipped on or off.

Seems to be a Panasonic A9j switch that was discontinued a year before this particular machine was made. Seems par for the course. lol

What I can't seem to find is what kind of switch would work in place of it.

excuse me.. you are a tech and don't know what a LVPS is? ALL electronics that have 2 levels of power ( AC/DC ) have a form of LVPS.. whether it be separate boards or all in one.

your switch SHOULD be a 2p2t ( double pole double throw ) type.

thekvd
11-09-2018, 11:19 PM
First a retraction: the switch is not the issue. We made a rookie mistake in testing it.

Second: yes the sub and the main are on and still nothing.

Third: I've got power in power supply 2 everywhere except the orange and blue cables. Any ideas?

Lastly:

excuse me.. you are a tech and don't know what a LVPS is? ALL electronics that have 2 levels of power ( AC/DC ) have a form of LVPS.. whether it be separate boards or all in one.

your switch SHOULD be a 2p2t ( double pole double throw ) type.

Never claimed to be a tech. I'm a the owner of a small print shop and KM won't help. I'm just trying to save my machine. I've got a decent amount of related knowledge and I am a quick study. I've been able to fix most every issue with this machine but I'm not super well versed in power.

907tec
11-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Start unplugging things one by one, checking each time to see if it will power on. If you haven't already: disconnect all options and peripherals, including hdd's. Get yourself a wiring diagram and figure out what those orange and blue wires are used for.

Custom Search