PDA

View Full Version : Konica C220 Drum Issue

Custom Search

joaopauloooo
11-10-2018, 01:11 PM
I have this bizhub C220 printer that was working ok and then started showing some white marks on the Magenta Drum as you can see on Pic 1.
I have changed this drum and the problem stopped for a while, but then came back as you can see on Pic 2.
But the fact is that I took the older drum and put in another C220 printer and never got this issue on the other printer.
Then I simply swapped this new drum with the older and the problem stopped for a while and came back again.

So my question is, what could be causing this issue on the drum since this drum is working ok?

This is an A4 printed with 50% Magenta.
White bands are in main scan direction.

Pic1

Pic2

copyman
11-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Magenta developer unit. Sometimes when drums are way past their life they can short out and cause developer to dump. Keep in mind any drum past it's life can affect "any" other color. For instance I've had K drums past their life affect a different color developer unit.

tsbservice
11-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Looks like drum pitch. Did you try to change developer units?

blackcat4866
11-10-2018, 02:59 PM
I agree with tbs. The drum interval is 95.7mm, which looks looks like what you have. I think that the magenta developer spacers are cracked, and the mag roller is arcing to the drum. I would replace the magenta drum and developing unit together, then stabilization and gradation. =^..^=

joaopauloooo
11-23-2018, 12:05 PM
Changed the developer and works great!
Thanks

copyman
11-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Keep in mind the reason the developer unit went bad is one or more of the drums could be over their life limit and could dump developer out of new unit. If any drums over life replace or you could be replacing the magenta dev unit again!

Custom Search