PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C360 with "document size cannot be detected etc

Custom Search

axyun
11-13-2018, 06:27 PM
Working on Bizhub C360 with "document size cannot be detected message" Cleaned optical unit and checked warning symbol

screen which shows L1 L2 L3

Does the ccd unit need to be changed and id so is there a calibration procedure? Frank

907tec
11-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Size can't be detected in ADF? On Platen? Both? I've never had a CCD cause this before.

Albonline
11-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Working on Bizhub C360 with "document size cannot be detected message" Cleaned optical unit and checked warning symbol

screen which shows L1 L2 L3

Does the ccd unit need to be changed and id so is there a calibration procedure? Frank

get and read the service manual for this ,save yourself a ton of back and forth.

axyun
11-13-2018, 10:00 PM
It is not detecting on platen. When adf is lifted
there is a message “ component is open” .

rrrohan
11-13-2018, 11:45 PM

Does it not tell you what component is open?

darry1322
11-14-2018, 12:10 AM

Make sure the adf is sitting square on the machine. I've seen people grab the adf and use it to move the machine and get the adf "out of square". The reed switch for the adf closed state isn't matching up with the magnet in the adf.

axyun
11-14-2018, 01:11 AM
Thank you for your input guys. It is definitely referring to the adf when it says coponent is open. When i close the adf it goes away and the other message about
document size cannot be detected is there. There was on time when i opened and closed adf for a split second it showed the ready screen then went back to message of not detecting document size.

So what yo are saying Darry makes sense that it may be related to adf positioning. The original document cover looked alright as i remember reading Blackcat saying if the the original document cover wasn't right you could have a non detect issue.

I guess I will go back and more carefully check adf and sensors etc and take Al's advice and go thru service manual to check on related info.

You guys are great. Don't know what i would have done in many cases without your help over the last several years. Frank

copierdude1114
11-14-2018, 08:30 PM
ADF height may be off

JR2ALTA
11-14-2018, 09:10 PM
ADF height may be off

Correct, there is a magnet on the front right side, could be not making contact or even missing (common tech school bug)

axyun
11-22-2018, 12:51 AM
I am a bit embarrassed as I discovered that the PS14 actuator flag was partiallly broken off. Have ordered and expect that this will solve problem Will
post result to confirm and thank you for your help + info. Frank

axyun
12-05-2018, 05:11 AM
Replaced ps14 actuator and spring and adf is working. However there has been a message "No animation guide data available. Contact your administrator."

I understand that that refers to the movie data used to show customer hot to remove jams and such. I would not care but machine evidently had a second problem and I don't if it occurred after customer tried going into admistrative settings. The machine won't pring or make copies but will scan the documents from glass or adf. Job goes into que and I noticed that under "status" fo job it says "stopprint". When customer tries to print from computer it says machine is offline.

I would not think that the "no animation guide" message would effect printing and copying. Please advise . Your help is welcome and appreciated very much. Frank

Custom Search