PDA

View Full Version : C3850 light on black only

Custom Search

mrfuser
11-14-2018, 12:36 AM
This client is remotely located so it’s hard to deal with . They recently complained that the black print is very light . We sent them a new black imaging unit and new oem black toner and they have the same result. Any ideas?

Woxner
11-14-2018, 01:47 AM
have the pull the i/u out and use the wand to clean the laser glass

Jkearbey
11-14-2018, 03:13 AM
Definitely check the LSU glass but if they are far from your office then bring a Primary Transfer belt. I have had the BK roller under the belt pop out of its rear holder. Also check the right side door and make sure its closed properly, it is notorious for uneven latching. One more item to double check is the paper guide below the TX belt, its the one you must release and push downwards to remove the belt. I have seen it left in the down position by techs and on accident by the customer, make sure you hear it click in place properly. Might want to bring a fuser with you too since its so far, they fail sometimes and can leave the machine down but this is unrelated to your question. Good luck.

mrfuser
11-14-2018, 06:42 PM
It was the laser glass! Yer awesome! I don’t know why I was over thinking that?!?!?

tsbservice
11-14-2018, 07:18 PM
It was the laser glass! Yer awesome! I don’t know why I was over thinking that?!?!?
Read Woxner's post. With all due respect, credit should be given him.

copier tech
11-14-2018, 08:56 PM

It cost you an image unit & toner when should have been a 5 min free fix & no downtime for your customer a lesson learnt.

Custom Search