View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub 558 firmware

Custom Search

rietzphone7
11-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Can someone help me with the link to download firmware 558

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

emujo2
11-15-2018, 01:34 PM
There is no "link" You either have to work for KM/KM dealer, or find someone willing to risk his job to give/sell you the firmware. If you are KM or dealer all firmware is available on the private KM site. Emujo

srvctec
11-15-2018, 05:22 PM
There is no "link" You either have to work for KM/KM dealer, or find someone willing to risk his job to give/sell you the firmware. If you are KM or dealer all firmware is available on the private KM site. Emujo

Yeah, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about this site. I'm in my 30th year as a Legacy Minolta, now Konica Minolta service technician and every time I see someone on here say, "Donate to the site and I'll send it to you.", it drives me nuts. Nobody should be just giving out this type of info (including service manuals, IMO) because who knows what the person (tech or not, how do we really know?) is going to do with the files. What if they post it online for anybody to get, then all of our jobs are at risk because people will just go online to get stuff that we as technicians would normally have to do. I sure wish this type of activity would stop on this forum!

Synthohol
11-15-2018, 06:52 PM
I know that was aimed at me so I will just say this, eventually they will find the manual somewhere from someone so since I see that as an opportunity to help this site grow and continue.
I don't give out meter resetting info or files like some have done here.
I get where you are coming from, I'm a 20 year minolta vet myself. You are the first person to take exception to my standing offer and unless the admin or mods ask me to stop I'd really like to continue helping perpetuate this site and hopefully become member supported so we don't have to see any stupid ads on this site. My ad blocker blocks on avg 4-25 popup ads and sidebar ads. It's disgusting and a site this good should not have to depend on ads to keep the site running.
So please understand I mean you no disrespect. I don't ask for money for myself, I don't want to profit from it. I like to help people and give this site the boost it deserves.

emujo2
11-16-2018, 01:15 PM
I know that was aimed at me so I will just say this, eventually they will find the manual somewhere from someone so since I see that as an opportunity to help this site grow and continue.
I don't give out meter resetting info or files like some have done here.
I get where you are coming from, I'm a 20 year minolta vet myself. You are the first person to take exception to my standing offer and unless the admin or mods ask me to stop I'd really like to continue helping perpetuate this site and hopefully become member supported so we don't have to see any stupid ads on this site. My ad blocker blocks on avg 4-25 popup ads and sidebar ads. It's disgusting and a site this good should not have to depend on ads to keep the site running.
So please understand I mean you no disrespect. I don't ask for money for myself, I don't want to profit from it. I like to help people and give this site the boost it deserves.

Consider this....I have been told (not able to verify) that firmware you download from the KM site has some kind of masked identity tag embedded in it. If this is true, then the person you gave the firmware file to now has your ID in it. Not something I would want to worry about coming back to haunt me. I'm happy to give advice, and recommendations based on my experience with KMs, our solutions, and networking issues, but I agree that manuals, firmware, passwords, ect should be posted here. IMHO only..

CopierNerd
11-29-2018, 05:29 PM

what is the website where all these nasty firmware and bulletins are stored? can you share URL?

darry1322
11-29-2018, 06:13 PM
www.mykonicaminolta.com

CopierNerd
12-03-2018, 02:36 PM
story not ends here Sir, I have read about this site at copytechnet but unable to login.I know the reason. I am not authorized. I am not KM dealer but service provider. could not see technical bulletins, anyone can share his Login account?

Just PM me at "konicaminolta.best@gmail.com"
i will keep it secret and use just for self-knowledge.

Many Thanks

emujo2
12-03-2018, 06:18 PM
story not ends here Sir, I have read about this site at copytechnet but unable to login.I know the reason. I am not authorized. I am not KM dealer but service provider. could not see technical bulletins, anyone can share his Login account?

Many Thanks

You've got to be kidding....For once I am really at a lack of words here..

Phil B.
12-03-2018, 10:53 PM
what is the website where all these nasty firmware and bulletins are stored? can you share URL?

you have to be a certified KM Tech.... you are asking a fellow tech to risk his employment? REALLY?
if you are a Certified tech for KM ( or any brand ) you already have that info.

Phil B.
12-03-2018, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=CopierNerd;714814could not see technical bulletins, anyone can share his Login account?
Many Thanks[/QUOTE]

you have GOT to be kidding me! you want a fellow tech to risk his employment for YOU? "i will keep it secret and use just for self-knowledge." and if ANYONE believes that CRAP.. they SHOULD lose their job.. you do know your request violates CTN rules right? We do not need people like you here.

Phil B.
12-03-2018, 11:01 PM

I guess he cannot READ or just doesn't give a shit if it gets others in hot water! this cat is BLOCK bound

CopierNerd
12-04-2018, 03:49 PM
you have to be a certified KM Tech.... you are asking a fellow tech to risk his employment? REALLY?
if you are a Certified tech for KM ( or any brand ) you already have that info.

If i say i am a certified KM tech then what man? I am a certified KM tech and i am not asking any fellow tech to risk his employment. I have info about this but i also do believe that there are some really true and good people out there in this world who can share. As i am saying this will be just for self knowledge nothing else. If someone do not want to share then i am not begging or insisting to do so.

Copyetch forum is a great place to learn and exchange of knowledge.

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and experience.

Synthohol
12-04-2018, 03:59 PM
if you were a certified tech you have access to everything through SSD.
normally i would help but honestly you dont meet the criteria.
sorry.

CopierNerd
12-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Thank you very much "synthohol". I am a certified KM tech but do not have access to KM knowledge base. Just have an account for Outward learning which is also limited. Strange for you guys but this is true. A certified KM tech with only access to KM LMS nothing more. You may laugh but truth is truth.

THANKS SYNTHOHOL!

KMFLT3CH
12-04-2018, 07:53 PM
I am a certified KM tech but do not have access to KM knowledge base.

Coming from a KM direct tech - you are not a "certified" KM tech. You may be certified on a series of models or whatnot, but that doesn't mean squat. Any tech who works directly for KM (in the U.S. at least) has access to SSD, GCS, Knowledgebase, firmware, bulletins, service communication bulletins, etc etc. You can even call our direct tech support with your unique tech # for help.

tsbservice
12-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Coming from a KM direct tech - you are not a "certified" KM tech. You may be certified on a series of models or whatnot, but that doesn't mean squat. Any tech who works directly for KM (in the U.S. at least) has access to SSD, GCS, Knowledgebase, firmware, bulletins, service communication bulletins, etc etc. You can even call our direct tech support with your unique tech # for help.

As simple as that: CTN Forum is not limited to US/AU/CA/EU/UK/etc.
Just a thought.

907tec
12-04-2018, 11:06 PM
I work for a dealer, not even KM-Direct, but all of my techs have access to MyKM. If you are truly an authorized technician, all you have to do is have your Service Manager add you as a user. It takes less than a minute.

You are being evasive about being a "Certified tech". If you really are "certified", you should have no trouble getting a MyKM account.

Synthohol
12-04-2018, 11:56 PM
Thank you very much "synthohol". I am a certified KM tech but do not have access to KM knowledge base. Just have an account for Outward learning which is also limited. Strange for you guys but this is true. A certified KM tech with only access to KM LMS nothing more. You may laugh but truth is truth.

THANKS SYNTHOHOL!
dont thank me, i cant help you.

monarke4
12-05-2018, 06:00 AM

There apparently is still a certain amount of "audacity" among internet users.

My personal feeling is that if you are gainfully employed in this type of business then you should make the effort go through the correct means to gain access to data needed for your business. That may also include for instance a DBA, business checking account, resale license etc.

That's just me blowing smoke.... haha

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:11 PM
I work for a dealer, not even KM-Direct, but all of my techs have access to MyKM. If you are truly an authorized technician, all you have to do is have your Service Manager add you as a user. It takes less than a minute.

You are being evasive about being a "Certified tech". If you really are "certified", you should have no trouble getting a MyKM account.

I work for dealer, not KM-Direct. Not all of my fellow techs have access to MyKM. We have around 8 techs. Only our service manager is authorized. I am feeling ashamed that i discussed this with you guys. I should not express this.

You all are right at your side but i know the whole story because i am facing it.

Thanks anyway......

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:14 PM

I do not work directly for KM. I work for a KM authorized dealer.

darry1322
12-05-2018, 04:29 PM
I do not work directly for KM. I work for a KM authorized dealer.

Same here but everyone in our shop gets full access to mykonicaminolta.com as soon as they start work.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 05:09 PM
That's nice man rather very good! Enjoy the access and freedom. :rolleyes:

Custom Search