PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

Custom Search

zstekovic
11-14-2018, 08:58 PM
Hello,
I'm not tech, but I can make my way around software/hardware issues.
My machine have FS-535, SD-512, PK-521, and FAX (that I would maybe like to disable/remove if it's possible).

First I had problem C E-004
Because manual stated that it could be DIMM or board failure, and Konica wanted too much money to fix it, I started with holding reset on boot.
That did not work so i went with - STOP 00 STOP 01.
First I run diagnostic, everything's fine.
Reset everything that I think of. I even needed to put new admin password on with STOP 0 C after that.

I removed the HDD, formatted it - check for errors on windows 7 machine - that's fine.
Then I put it in the machine, and I format it there (machine prompt me to do so).

Now I have problem C D-012
ATTENTION1
Preparing Scan/Fax...
Preparing User Box...
No Animation Guide available. Contact your service rep.

If anyone can help with this, would be great.
Maybe latest Firmware, Animation Guide files (if they are needed)...
I really don't know - Magic USB stick that fix everything will do :)

copier tech
11-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Hello,
I'm not tech, but I can make my way around software/hardware issues.
My machine have FS-535, SD-512, PK-521, and FAX (that I would maybe like to disable/remove if it's possible).

First I had problem C E-004
Because manual stated that it could be DIMM or board failure, and Konica wanted too much money to fix it, I started with holding reset on boot.
That did not work so i went with - STOP 00 STOP 01.
First I run diagnostic, everything's fine.
Reset everything that I think of. I even needed to put new admin password on with STOP 0 C after that.

I removed the HDD, formatted it - check for errors on windows 7 machine - that's fine.
Then I put it in the machine, and I format it there (machine prompt me to do so).

Now I have problem C D-012
ATTENTION1
Preparing Scan/Fax...
Preparing User Box...
No Animation Guide available. Contact your service rep.

If anyone can help with this, would be great.
Maybe latest Firmware, Animation Guide files (if they are needed)...
I really don't know - Magic USB stick that fix everything will do :)

Wow you’ve really gone to town with this machine.

A simple firware update may have resolved your initial error, now sounds like you created more issues for yourself. The preparing messages should only be temporally, the no animation message is because you formatted the hdd however you can ignore this message for now.

The CD-012 error you now have is because the HDD is not logically formatted.
Try replacing with a new one or do a logical format in service mode.

zstekovic
11-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Thank you for your replay, I will try this... and yes, I went to town and back after Konica told me price to fix it.
Then I found out about this forum.

Wow you’ve really gone to town with this machine.

A simple firware update may have resolved your initial error, now sounds like you created more issues for yourself. The preparing messages should only be temporally, the no animation message is because you formatted the hdd however you can ignore this message for now.

The CD-012 error you now have is because the HDD is not logically formatted.

Try replacing with a new one or do a logical format in service mode.

I will try this, but machine is beeping at me, so I will need windows of opportunity to go to service menu STOP 00 STOP 01.
Does anyone have new firmware and files that I need (I'm dumbass so... :))?
I even have 2GB drive...

Thanks!

UPDATE: it's formatting. What next is the question?

UPDATE 2: Konica Minolta BizHub C654e - Google Photos (https://photos.app.goo.gl/WVvmrAAYqGz6Phaj9)

allan
11-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Joy hopefully...

zstekovic
11-14-2018, 11:12 PM
Joy hopefully...
Yea... but no! :)

I'm in service menu, but for some reason it would not let me test following stuff:
DSC Bus Check
HDD R/W Check
SSD>HDD Data Copy

Formatting disk works. Physical and Logical.

UPDATE: Still same error C D012

UPDATE 2: I found something on forum so... how to do that?
bizbub c654e Error C-D012 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/84305-bizbub-c654e-error-c-d012.html)
+ Anyone here has service manual? (PDF)

rrrohan
11-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Yea... but no! :)

I'm in service menu, but for some reason it would not let me test following stuff:
DSC Bus Check
HDD R/W Check
SSD>HDD Data Copy

Formatting disk works. Physical and Logical.

UPDATE: Still same error C D012

UPDATE 2: I found something on forum so... how to do that?
bizbub c654e Error C-D012 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/84305-bizbub-c654e-error-c-d012.html)
+ Anyone here has service manual? (PDF)

I'd try a new HDD just to be safe. Konica use the most budget ones. I changed one yesterday and I didn't even recognise the brand

zstekovic
11-15-2018, 04:34 PM
I will try that, but this is HDD that was in it and worked perfectly until now, checked it on PC for bad sectors/errors/SMART - all excellent.
3 days that I had machine (just bought it... worked 3 days, and die :) - she printed 160k letter size prints in 3 years at previous owner.
I don't want it scraped, can be useful in my little studio.

What's the max HDD size for those machines?

zstekovic
11-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Sometimes my posts don't show... weird...

Thank you for suggestion, I will try this.
What's recommended size of the HDD for this machine?

I bought it 5 days ago, worked perfectly for 2, and now this...
160K letter size prints on her in 3 years, practically new.

Also if someone wan't to work on it for reasonable price around Renton WA area, I'm interested in paying for repair - I don't wan't see it scraped.

zstekovic
11-15-2018, 05:53 PM
I just put new HDD in it, still same error. I think this needed to be done:

But I do not know how.

tsbservice
11-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Upgrade the Firmware. Don't know how much is to call a tech to do this, shouldn't be a fortune.

zstekovic
11-15-2018, 06:28 PM
I just did...
Thank you.
+ I will report what's happening here and what's wrong with machine.

p.s. it would be cool if someone uploaded freaking Firmware for download just to have fun :)

Phil B.
11-15-2018, 10:11 PM
I just did...
Thank you.
+ I will report what's happening here and what's wrong with machine.

p.s. it would be cool if someone uploaded freaking Firmware for download just to have fun :)

you are asking for a certified Tech to give copyright info to an end user... THAT CHIT could get a tech and his DEALER CHITCANNED

get off the bucks... hire someone.

just because you have the manual DOES NOT mean you are a TECH.

zstekovic
11-15-2018, 10:48 PM
First to answer:
Hey man chill please...
I did hire someone like I write in previous post.

Also I found freaking firmware floating around on FTP pages... it's not that hard (ok... it really was) to find something if you really want to.
I have their printer, so I'm in fair use situation, and it's in my right to repair my stuff.
I'm not dissembling their code, just refreshing installation - like putting new windows/linux/macos over previous installation.
Also it was not first time that firmware was shared here (in my research for fixing my machine I found examples of this).
Yea... I'm not a TECH - I just like to tinker with my stuff.

you are asking for a certified Tech to give copyright info to an end user... THAT CHIT could get a tech and his DEALER CHITCANNED

get off the bucks... hire someone.

just because you have the manual DOES NOT mean you are a TECH.

So... question to people at this forum. I have chance to switch to AccurioPress C2070. Is it flaky machine like this C654e or it's solid?

Thanks everybody.

Javier Veintimilla
10-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Como estimado, favor necesito el firmware dela máquina KONICA MINOLTA bizhub c654 e alguien me puede ayudar

Phil B.
10-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Como estimado, favor necesito el firmware dela máquina KONICA MINOLTA bizhub c654 e alguien me puede ayudar

:mad::mad::mad::mad: please translate your request to english

Custom Search