PDA

View Full Version : IC-414 on a Biz C364e

Custom Search

copyman
11-14-2018, 11:08 PM
Only have a few customer's with fiery's so never have a chance to get a lot of experience on them. They usually work fine without much trouble. But have one that is printing very dark. Customer has to go into Fiery drivers and lighten every time. I have confirmed it's not the copier, "copier" internal test pages are fine. They are using Mac PC's.

I have calibrated with grayscale on glass but always have to undo calibration because it is worse after calibration. Have even tried reloading system software. I know about the best way to calibrate is using a densitometer but too expensive to buy for 1 fiery issue. Didn't see any other calibrations in Fiery serv man.

Also have read about Fiery software called VUE. I told the customer about this free software but they had a good point that they will still have to lighten using that software so nothing really accomplished. This customer has had Fiery's before with the CF3102 & Biz C253 and you can see the difference with this newest IC-414.

Is there another way to calibrate or any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
11-15-2018, 03:27 AM
ok, first reset and stabilize, do the gradations 3x each then you calibrate the fiery with a densitometer, no color cal ever. you are better off resetting the fiery calibration to default than use color cal. i promise you that.
you can use command workstation's colorwise pro tools and adjust the color curves manually. takes some trial and error but you can usually knock the max density by 10%.
but please, dont use color cal, its caca-poopoo.
remember on the 1501s you can calibrate the scanner? thats why color cal works ok (not better) on those old turtles. not so much on the new seriesz ;)

pajeroid
12-10-2018, 03:31 PM
We use the i1 and have just found this on eBay, which is quite a good price...

X-Rite GretagMacbeth efi ES 1000 UVcut Rev. B Eye-One Pro 36.86.14 | eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Rite-GretagMacbeth-efi-ES-1000-UVcut-Rev-B-Eye-One-Pro-36-86-14/332433770795?hash=item4d6698c92b:g:fl8AAOSw1JVZ-fmo:rk:13:pf:0)

You use it with Command Workstation.

Dave.

Custom Search