PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 3851FS

Custom Search

Gina82
11-15-2018, 08:29 PM
I have a Bizhub C3851FS that is giving a jammed paper removal message after paper has completed the paper path. I updated the firmware and this problem no longer occurs, to my knowledge, but now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one. Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.

Phil B.
11-15-2018, 09:12 PM
I have a Bizhub C3851FS that is giving a jammed paper removal message after paper has completed the paper path. I updated the firmware and this problem no longer occurs, to my knowledge, but now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one. Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.

print or take a pic of error log and post it...

if you are getting a false jam ( what code? ) check sensors for proper operation..

what has been done to it?
sounds like you have gearing probs in the finisher/exit areas.. but without error codes it will be hard to help you.
did you CLEAN the unit during the service call? ( 1st thing you should ALWAYS DO! )
life on parts?

get back to "Trouble Shooting 101"

Gina82
11-15-2018, 09:26 PM
I've replaced all parts that needed to be replaced, as well as updated the firmware to get rid of machine giving false jams, but now it says that there is an open compartment when there isn't one, as well as saying there is an original on the glass when there is not

Phil B.
11-15-2018, 09:29 PM
I've replaced all parts that needed to be replaced, as well as updated the firmware to get rid of machine giving false jams, but now it says that there is an open compartment when there isn't one, as well as saying there is an original on the glass when there is not

Then CLEARLY I would start with sensor and switch tests!

please post error log for further help.

Gina82
11-15-2018, 09:54 PM
I've printed a error protocol list and it printed off a sheet of paper that only has T:CNG and I did a sensor check and it printed off a blank sheet of paper

Gina82
11-15-2018, 10:28 PM
I ran a full self-diagnostic test and there was not a single N/G

Woxner
11-16-2018, 12:58 AM
far as the noise goes there is a lubrication procedure for the finisher shafts. did you do all three pieces of the firmware

D_L_P
11-16-2018, 02:02 AM
..now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one.

Assuming all the compartments are shut, (no offense, we all make mistakes)is possible either the wrong firmware got loaded? Or loaded in the wrong order? I remember having a bizhub 950 giving an open ADF message because older firmware was loaded on top of newer firmware. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to load the wrong firmware in this day and age, but those do have an odd firmware update procedure. Double check you got the right files and in the right order.

Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.

All I can say is something is out of sync, bound up, or broken. Those infernal finishers are not fun to take apart. Good luck!

Gina82
11-16-2018, 02:38 PM
far as the noise goes there is a lubrication procedure for the finisher shafts. did you do all three pieces of the firmware
I only put one piece of firmware on the machine which updated the MFP controller and the fax board

Gina82
11-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Assuming all the compartments are shut, (no offense, we all make mistakes)is possible either the wrong firmware got loaded? Or loaded in the wrong order? I remember having a bizhub 950 giving an open ADF message because older firmware was loaded on top of newer firmware. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to load the wrong firmware in this day and age, but those do have an odd firmware update procedure. Double check you got the right files and in the right order.

All I can say is something is out of sync, bound up, or broken. Those infernal finishers are not fun to take apart. Good luck!

What order should the firmware be loaded in?

KMFLT3CH
11-28-2018, 02:21 PM
The finisher noise on this model is an easy fix, see page 4 of the attached pdf.

D_L_P
11-28-2018, 06:55 PM
What order should the firmware be loaded in?

Honestly, I can't remember the order. The PDF that's listed next to the firmware on the tech support site or the manual should include the instructions. What I do remember is the firmware update wasn't like the any other Bizhub. There were 2 or 3 files in the firmware package and they stressed the order they were loaded was important.

Is this still giving an open component message?

n25an
12-15-2018, 12:21 AM

which firmware did you use to fix this issue???

n25an
12-15-2018, 01:12 AM
which firmware did you use to fix this issue???

C3851Series_A92E0Y0-F000-G00-N5.exe
Release Date: 6/26/2017
Version: G00-N5

was that the firmware???

Custom Search