PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 363 / 364e address book compatibility

Custom Search

freginold
11-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know whether you can export an address book from a bizhub 363 and import it into a 364e? We have a 363, with a 364e coming online soon. I'll be able to test it once it's live but if anyone knows from experience whether they use the same format that would be helpful. Thanks.

copier addict
11-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know whether you can export an address book from a bizhub 363 and import it into a 364e? We have a 363, with a 364e coming online soon. I'll be able to test it once it's live but if anyone knows from experience whether they use the same format that would be helpful. Thanks.

Pagescope data administrator is the tool to use for this.

Bix
11-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Hi, you can not do it directly.

You must use the recommended tool above.

freginold
11-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Pagescope data administrator is the tool to use for this.

Thanks, unfortunately IT policy doesn't allow install of non-approved programs. Is there any other way to import a 363 address book to a 364e? Any KM web-based tool?

If there's no option besides Pagescope, I'll transfer the addresses manually. Thanks for your help.

allan
11-23-2018, 12:35 PM
If there is a couple of machines it will be well worth it to get permission to install it.
You can use a laptop and use the app to export to file and to import on the next machine.

copier addict
11-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Thanks, unfortunately IT policy doesn't allow install of non-approved programs. Is there any other way to import a 363 address book to a 364e? Any KM web-based tool?

If there's no option besides Pagescope, I'll transfer the addresses manually. Thanks for your help.

If you are a technician simply connect the two machines using a switch and use your laptop to transfer the address book with pagescope data administrator.
That way the two machines can be isolated from their network during the transfer.
Or attempt to convince IT that pagescope data administrator is safe.

mincopier
11-23-2018, 01:42 PM
As mentioned above use a laptop and disconnect from the network. You do not have to have a router to do this, but I believe by using the router you can export the passwords from the old machine. If not you can export from the old machine as a CSV file and import into the new machine. Depending on the number of One touches on the old machine just put them both on the network and copy and paste from one to the other.

Worst case using the web interface of the copier you can export the address book as a txt file. I have not had much success importing that txt file back into another copier.

With the new 4 series machines though they make it much easier going from a 4 series to an 8 series.

rrrohan
11-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Even if you can only plug 1 in at a time just import both address book and authentication (must do both) then save it as a bin file.

Then plug in other copier
Register the device from the bin file then you can do it as if they are both connected

Custom Search