PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta bizhub C454e Toner Levels

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
11-21-2018, 04:59 PM
We have noticed over the last 15 years or so that there are still Konica Minolta bizhubs that report erroneous toner levels and now its happening in one of our C454e's. The customer has indicated that it will randomly drop to 0 and back to correct level again on all C,M,Y,K toners. We have had other equipment that will report the same level all of the time. What gives with this continuing to plague bizhub machines? Is there a fix for this? We have tried flashing the machine to firmware level GDB-M1. Thanks in advance!

D_L_P
11-22-2018, 02:14 AM
We have noticed over the last 15 years or so that there are still Konica Minolta bizhubs that report erroneous toner levels and now its happening in one of our C454e's. The customer has indicated that it will randomly drop to 0 and back to correct level again on all C,M,Y,K toners. We have had other equipment that will report the same level all of the time. What gives with this continuing to plague bizhub machines? Is there a fix for this? We have tried flashing the machine to firmware level GDB-M1. Thanks in advance!

I've had quite a few where the actuator inside the hopper sticks. It's supposed to fall with the level of toner but will only fall about half and sticks there. Reform the metal so that it doesn't bind on the wall of the hopper but not so far it binds on its pivot point.

copyman
11-22-2018, 02:32 AM
It just the nature of the Bizhub beasts. It is really hard for the machine to be accurate with toner levels. Every user runs different type of jobs. I look at the bizhub toner gauges like the old "idiot lights" on old cars. I tell my customers this will give them a general idea and to order a back up toner when gauge gets to 1/4 showing.

Custom Search