PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 658e with PC-415, J9901 and J20-02

Custom Search

blackcat4866
11-23-2018, 09:10 PM
This machine has only 29K on it, most of it coming from tray #3. It started out with a machine-gun sound I quickly identified as a timing belt jumping. On the back frame of the PC-415 there are two timing belts 103mm, 1mm pitch, 4mm wide. The belt to the paper pickup drive is jumping and obviously looser than the other identical belt, though swapping belts did not help.

It's almost the same design as the PC410, PC110, and PC120, the main difference being that exact belt and pulley combination. I've ordered the original belt (A2XM 6320 00).

If it still jumps, I'm considering a downgrade to the PC410 motor (A2XM M100 00), belt (A2XM 5927 00), and pulley (A2XM 5921 00) combination, based on the theory that the PC-410 belt may be 1.5mm pitch and less likely to jump.

I tried to MacGuyver a belt tensioner, but could not achieve enough tension to stop the teeth jumping.

The 654e series had a built in LCT with a gear drive (no belts). Only the 454e and 554e used the PC-410 LCT.

Has anyone seen this? =^..^=

copier addict
11-23-2018, 09:41 PM
This machine has only 29K on it, most of it coming from tray #3. It started out with a machine-gun sound I quickly identified as a timing belt jumping. On the back frame of the PC-415 there are two timing belts 103mm, 1mm pitch, 4mm wide. The belt to the paper pickup drive is jumping and obviously looser than the other identical belt, though swapping belts did not help.

It's almost the same design as the PC410, PC110, and PC120, the main difference being that exact belt and pulley combination. I've ordered the original belt (A2XM 6320 00).

If it still jumps, I'm considering a downgrade to the PC410 motor (A2XM M100 00), belt (A2XM 5927 00), and pulley (A2XM 5921 00) combination, based on the theory that the PC-410 belt may be 1.5mm pitch and less likely to jump.

I tried to MacGuyver a belt tensioner, but could not achieve enough tension to stop the teeth jumping.

The 654e series had a built in LCT with a gear drive (no belts). Only the 454e and 554e used the PC-410 LCT.

I haven't seen this on that specific machine, but I have seen similar issues where the housing around one of the bushings cracks and allows the shaft to move which loosens the belt. This only applies if the bushing is sitting in a plastic housing. If it is metal please disregard this advice.

greglogston
11-23-2018, 10:22 PM

I have only seen this once and it was because Konica sent me the wrong LCC for the model I was supposed to setup. LCC would pass a copy and jam with either of those jam codes.

blackcat4866
11-23-2018, 11:19 PM
No bushings. The belt rides a steel timing pulley on the motor shaft and the other pulley rides a post in the rear frame. No tensioners and the motor position is not adjustable, so the belt length is critical. =^..^=

Synthohol
11-24-2018, 02:00 AM
what if you gave the gear shaft a tug to the right to increase tension? justs 1mm

blackcat4866
11-24-2018, 02:14 AM
What if you gave the gear shaft a tug to the right to increase tension? Just 1mm

I don't expect that will work with the adjoining gear already in contact to the right. Additionally, there's a metal plate that fits over that gear pack, which would no longer fit onto the posts.

However ... there's a better chance of filing out the motor mounting holes and shifting the motor to the left in the pictured view. I believe 1mm would be enough. If the new belt is unsuccessful, that will probably be the next step.

I can also check my miscellany of timing belts to see if I have a 102-1.0-4.0 or 101-1.0-4.0 belt I can try on there (just checked: one belt with 1.5pitch, nothing smaller, all others 2.0pitch or 4.0pitch, oh well ...).

Do you suppose that the mounting holes for the motor were incorrectly positioned when punched into the frame? =^..^=

larweedad
11-24-2018, 03:23 PM
I had 2 PC 415 do the noise. Dsm came down and we shoved feed motor over to tighten belt tension. waiting to see if it comes back. The first one km traded me out. When I called the second one, km said we only had this happen one other time. It was my first call. Was wondering if you put a washer between motor and frame would help. 1 on the right side screw.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
12-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Success!

I ordered two belts, installed them, ... no change, still jumping. Then I slotted the mounting holes for the feed motor (about 1mm each way). Then I could tension the belt properly. Note how the circular recess in the motor mounting plate is no longer centered in the punchout in the frame.

This is the part where I became confused (and bonus, ripped out the back of my pants). I could still hear a belt jumping, but it sounded different somehow. Eventually I put a finger on the back of the each motor and identified the vibration coming from the vertical path motor. I did the same trick at the vertical path motor, that resolved it. Both belts were jumping.

I can only think that whomever is manufacturing these belts is letting their quality control slip, and they are microscopically too long. I doubt that the punchouts in the frame or the all the posts were mounted in the wrong place ... on both feed and vertical path motors.

If/when I see this again I'll try tensioning the original belts to see if the original belts will still work. I suspect that will work. Thanks for all your opinions. =^..^=

blackcat4866
03-15-2019, 01:10 AM
Second machine: bizhub 658e
A fellow tech took this one. Based on the pix, he filed out the mounting holes less than 1mm, and had no problem using the original belts. The belts tensioned nicely. =^..^=

Custom Search