PDA

View Full Version : Biz 200 scanning

Custom Search

copyman
11-27-2018, 08:30 PM
This customer "promises" next year will be the year they replace these oldies but goodies. Their IT guy, is a friend of mine who got me this account sent me this (see below)

Any help appreciated just in case this customer really does upgrade next year! Thanks in advance

We have two (2) Bizhub 200 machines, both are verified to be running the same firmware. Both units have been working well with SMB scanning to a shared folder on the AD server (Server 2008 R2), using the administrator credentials. Last week we changed the administrator password on the domain. We then changed the password in each phonebook entry on the BizHub 200’s and only one machine is now able to scan to the SMB folder. I picked a specific user and changed the credentials on the machine that would no longer scan and it works. I then setup a new user in the AD and used a simple password, and I cannot scan to this either.

Printing works just fine.

I have also power cycled the machine, with no change

Synthohol
11-27-2018, 11:55 PM
print the management list from both and hold both bit switch pages up to the light and look for differences.
thats where i would start.
then check both SSL certs to see if they are the same.

JR2ALTA
11-28-2018, 12:22 AM
This customer "promises" next year will be the year they replace these oldies but goodies. Their IT guy, is a friend of mine who got me this account sent me this (see below)

Any help appreciated just in case this customer really does upgrade next year! Thanks in advance

We have two (2) Bizhub 200 machines, both are verified to be running the same firmware. Both units have been working well with SMB scanning to a shared folder on the AD server (Server 2008 R2), using the administrator credentials. Last week we changed the administrator password on the domain. We then changed the password in each phonebook entry on the BizHub 200’s and only one machine is now able to scan to the SMB folder. I picked a specific user and changed the credentials on the machine that would no longer scan and it works. I then setup a new user in the AD and used a simple password, and I cannot scan to this either.

There was a special firmware update for scanning to domain controller. Might apply here.

Don't envy you...all I remember is very worthless, cryptic scan failure codes on those things.

D_L_P
11-28-2018, 12:45 AM

Delete the address book entry and create a totally new one with the Admin credentials.

Not sayin' everyone mis-typed the password, but sometimes MFP's like to cling to old info. I've seen some where I've entered a new IP address on a copier, reboot and it somehow reverted back to the old one. Sometimes had to do it 3 or 4 times before it finally accepted the new info.
Another thing to try is manually browsing to the folder. Hit Scan/Fax> Direct Input> PC(SMB).

This part is telling:
"I picked a specific user and changed the credentials on the machine that would no longer scan and it works"

That really eliminates the MFP and points to something like cached (old) credentials on the server.

Custom Search