PDA

View Full Version : 554e Finisher stapling issue

Custom Search

darkocg88
11-29-2018, 09:39 AM
bizhub 554e

When automatic stapler is supposed to staple for example 50 copies, he prints out 1st one without stapling it, then staples remaining 49 copies.

Anyone knows why and how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

copier addict
11-29-2018, 01:50 PM
bizhub 554e

When automatic stapler is supposed to staple for example 50 copies, he prints out 1st one without stapling it, then staples remaining 49 copies.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar of this specific issue, but the first place I would start is firmware.

Bix
11-29-2018, 02:37 PM
It happened to me once. The program they were using made the first job appear as separate (so two jobs: 1 job contained 1 sheet, 2 job contained the other stapled sheets). To solve they indicated that the cover was part of a single job.

darkocg88
11-29-2018, 02:39 PM
It happened to me once. The program they were using made the first job appear as separate (so two jobs: 1 job contained 1 sheet, 2 job contained the other stapled sheets). To solve they indicated that the cover was part of a single job.It's not connected to network, its just used
as copier.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

D_L_P
11-29-2018, 03:33 PM
bizhub 554e

Thanks in advance.

There are usually a few causes of this.

1. The finisher alignment to copier. If the brackets are bent, missing, or wrong type for the finisher it can get too deep or shallow. The paper will come out off center from paper joggers, not crooked just overlapping the jogger on one edge. The weight of the 49 pages pushes them below the jogger, while the last page stays on top of the jogger. The top page will not be in the bite of the stapler.

2. Paper curl. Paper curls enough that the top page or two is not in the bite of the stapler. Flip the stack in the cassette and try again.

3. Joggers broken or misaligned. It's possible one end slipped a few teeth and the same thing that happens in #1. The weight of the stack pushes the bottom 49 below the jogger and into the bite of the stapler. The last page stays above the jogger and out of the bite of the stapler.

4. The internal finishers have their own set of causes. From worn out flappers that can't push random pages back enough that they're in the bite of the stapler. To a sticky solenoid plunger buried in the middle of the finisher, which keeps the paper clamp from getting out of the way of the paper stack. No proper stack = stapler missing certain pages.

5. Cassette alignment. Similar to #1 except the finisher is fine. The cassette rack n pinion slip a few teeth. Being off center is not noticed or masked by digitally centering the image in service mode. Paper comes out overlapping one jogger and having a slight gap with the other. Same thing, bottom 49 fall down into the bite, top page stays up and out of the bite.

Hope this helps!

Custom Search