PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C253 (Develop Ineo+ 253) - HDD Error - Enter Service Mode during Error

Custom Search

DrogenDiego
11-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Hey,

I have read every topic on the net. I have the field service manual etc.

Recently my printer C253 showed a HDD Error.
It won't boot and gets stuck at logo screen.

I went ahead and disconnected the HDD. Then the copier booted again but with the error code.

When I reinstall the HDD same Error.

So I tried to fix the HDD on my computer. I ran disk utility repair on my MAC.
Now the copier shows this error: C - D010
This reads to
CD010:

Hard disk unformat

So apparently The HDD is formated wrong now. I would like to enter the service Mode to format the HDD from within there.
BUUUUTTT I can't enter the service mode. Becaus the printer is stuck at the error screen. The Utility button doesn't do anything.

If I press the utility button during startup, the printer won't startup at all.....

So anyone has a idea how to enter service mode while an error screen is shown?

Any help is greatly apreciated!!

unic0rned

lazymangr
11-30-2018, 12:11 PM
you have either go in service mode and reformat the hdd from the machine, or replace hdd or remove it but you have to go in service mode to set hdd disable

DrogenDiego
11-30-2018, 01:06 PM
you have either go in service mode and reformat the hdd from the machine, or replace hdd or remove it but you have to go in service mode to set hdd disable

Yes but HOW to get in Service Mode while the machine displays an error? Can't dismiss the error.

tsbservice
11-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Did you try trouble reset?

DrogenDiego
11-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Did you try trouble reset?

I can't do trouble reset.
When I press the utility/counter button during startup, the small dot at the right corner appears.
But then it hangs on the logo screen. I can't get to the screen with trouble reset.

tsbservice
11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
What was error when you disconnect HDD?

DrogenDiego
11-30-2018, 01:37 PM
What was error when you disconnect HDD?

When the HDD was disconnected I got error:
C - D0040

Hard disk access error

Unabletocommunicatebetweenthehard disk and printer control board (PRCB).

CopierNerd
11-30-2018, 02:02 PM
Simply go to service mode and then "system 2" , set HDD to "not installed". then reboot machine, it will start working.

if you are having trouble going into service mode, then open right side door and then turn the machine ON. It will not show any error unless you close the door. so leaving the door open, go to service mode with key combinations.

DrogenDiego
12-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Simply go to service mode and then "system 2" , set HDD to "not installed". then reboot machine, it will start working.

if you are having trouble going into service mode, then open right side door and then turn the machine ON. It will not show any error unless you close the door. so leaving the door open, go to service mode with key combinations.

Nice try. But unfortunately not :((

Even with door open the error appears immediately.

I attached some photos so you believe me :))

Synthohol
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM
put it back in your computer, remove the partition, create a partition but for goodness sakes dont format it, the copier has a different file system than your MAC so format it in the copier.

tsbservice
12-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Not sure if possible, just an idea. Can you open PSWC typing IP address of machine in a browser?
Admin settings-security settings-HDD settings-Format

copier addict
12-03-2018, 02:00 PM
How long have you waited with the error code? I have had HDD errors and sometimes it takes over five minutes before I am able to enter service mode.

DrogenDiego
12-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Not sure if possible, just an idea. Can you open PSWC typing IP address of machine in a browser?
Admin settings-security settings-HDD settings-Format

Can't access the webpage. IP is not working. Just blank page.

DrogenDiego
12-03-2018, 02:10 PM
put it back in your computer, remove the partition, create a partition but for goodness sakes dont format it, the copier has a different file system than your MAC so format it in the copier.

I didn't format the partition on my mac.
I just tried repairing it. But I would assume it makes the same problem.
If I create an empty partition with my MAC I highly doubt, that the error message will change. I would prefer not to medle with the HDD. I just need to get into that service mode to format it on the machine itself. Or if exists, find a tool that can format it from my computer. Than I can do that too.

DrogenDiego
12-03-2018, 02:21 PM
How long have you waited with the error code? I have had HDD errors and sometimes it takes over five minutes before I am able to enter service mode.

I've had the machine running for an hours with no change in the error code.....

IT's the screen of death :D I can't do anything...

copier addict
12-03-2018, 11:16 PM
I've had the machine running for an hours with no change in the error code.....

IT's the screen of death :D I can't do anything...

So, even after an hour with the code showing when you press the utility/counter button there is no response?
If that is the case there is something else going on.
Have you tried loading firmware?

DrogenDiego
12-04-2018, 08:15 AM
So, even after an hour with the code showing when you press the utility/counter button there is no response?
If that is the case there is something else going on.
Have you tried loading firmware?

Hey maybe something else is wrong...

No I haven't tried loading a firmware. As far as I known, the firmware is only available to technicians. So I have no means of getting a firmware.

CopierNerd
12-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Try reconnecting the HDD cable to the board and then check if it works. I wish i could have firmware for you.

albenbalinong
12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Try to re install the firmware .. Then go to the service mode to uninstall hdd..

lazymangr
12-05-2018, 09:54 AM
when error comes up afaik you can press utility/counter to enter the menu to go to service mode all the time. you dont dismiss the error but it gets you to the counter so you can enter the service mode

DrogenDiego
12-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Try reconnecting the HDD cable to the board and then check if it works. I wish i could have firmware for you.

I disconnected the cable from the board. Same error. D004
Then I reconnected everything and it gives me the wrong format error again.

Pressing the utlity button doesn't do anything :(

I am a little lost with this problem. We will probably get a new one since we rely on a copier and our company needs it....

Zesti
12-07-2018, 12:56 PM
I believe ur FW is corrupted and so is the HDD. Have u got FW?

DrogenDiego
12-10-2018, 06:18 AM
I believe ur FW is corrupted and so is the HDD. Have u got FW?

No I don't have a FW.

Well then this printer goes to the dump... too bad.
Or I gift it to someone who can fix it.

Custom Search