PDA

View Full Version : HDD Cloning question i have an sc d093

Custom Search

digicor
12-02-2018, 07:40 PM
I have two BH3350's one boots one does not, when i switch the hdd the one does boot up but i get d093 (wrong hdd) can i do a logical format for this and solve the problem?
i have several time had hdd's go bad im wanting to Clone one for these and have it ready, but will i get the d093? im thinking yes, so can i do a logical format t bring the machine to ready?

Synthohol
12-02-2018, 10:27 PM
if the naughty drive is inaccessible or prevents booting you have nothing to lose by formatting it.

digicor
12-03-2018, 12:06 PM
ok but if its bad, how do we work around the D093?
without being at the clients office for the length of all the formatting a fm updating? cant the hdd be cloned from a good one , installed and then tell the machine to like the new HDD? lol

Synthohol
12-03-2018, 01:16 PM
if it wont format, replace it.
i dont think you can clone it, a simple LOGICAL format should be fine and shouldnt take too long. just dont do a physical format.

allan
12-03-2018, 04:52 PM
The HDD should be locked by using the machine ID. Think it does that as part of format?

Albonline
12-04-2018, 08:43 PM
I have two BH3350's one boots one does not, when i switch the hdd the one does boot up but i get d093 (wrong hdd) can i do a logical format for this and solve the problem?
i have several time had hdd's go bad im wanting to Clone one for these and have it ready, but will i get the d093? im thinking yes, so can i do a logical format t bring the machine to ready?

have not done this on a 3351 but on the 3850 and c35 you must use a 350gig hdd any brand will do. put it into a working unit c3351, format it physically, unit will flip out and reboot 13-15 times ,(building the hdd structure,making partitions),after completion take it out and install into customer unit.

mincopier
12-04-2018, 10:51 PM
The problem that I see is when any hdd that has been formatted on another machines and put into the non-working machine it will ask for a format. Whether it is cloned or not. The is my understanding.

blackcat4866
12-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Konica Minolta machines requires that an encryption password be programmed. So, like most machines I know, you can't just clone it. You have to follow the steps: Logical format, Physical format, Animation Data, set encryption password. You won't have to load machine firmware, just Movie Data. =^..^=

lazymangr
12-05-2018, 09:51 AM
for my experience i use hitachi hdds 250 and 500gb with no problem. and also any toshiba hdd wont work. never tested any other brand. you have to go there and do logical format and you are done. you cant prepare it from your office. must be done on machine. its a fast process. except you do physical which it will take 30-45 mins but i dont think you will need that. and get a movie data file on a usb stick

Custom Search