PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

Custom Search

CopierNerd
12-04-2018, 06:23 PM
bizhub 287/367

Transfer roller unit life is not yet expired but its ends are damaging the coating of drum unit from one side. The other end is perfect. One end is like scratched due to friction. Total counter is just 90K+
Strange for me. There is no reason of transfer roller damage without over life. DV tank looks good. Spacer is not out of the bearing. working fine. When i move drum manually it moves smoothly not even hard.

Transfer roller is properly seated.
Observed this fault in 2 different models.

any technical reason with solution prior replacement.

Pics attached.

tsbservice
12-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Looks like classic drum to developing unit damage due to worn spacers/roll guides. If you are sure dev unit is good replace drum and transfer roller together.

copyman
12-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Agree about the Dev spacer. Very common and always happens on the rear where all the pressure is with the gears. You can get a new style that has a bearing inside the collar. Or just buy a new Dev unit. They aren't very expensive.

allan
12-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Been cutting transfer roller springs on the 283 machines to reduce the pressure of those stupid prongs on the transfer roller assay.
Its a piece of plastic running against the drum. Even been cutting the inner one clean off. By clean i mean with a carpet knife so there is no sharp corners.
Both tricks seems to work.

Then some machines have it and others don't. May be its how those parts come together.
Squaring up the hinges, look for bent stuff.

blackcat4866
12-05-2018, 01:05 AM
bizhub 287/367

Transfer roller unit life is not yet expired but its ends are damaging the coating of drum unit from one side. The other end is perfect. One end is like scratched due to friction. Total counter is just 90K+
Strange for me. There is no reason of transfer roller damage without over life. DV tank looks good. Spacer is not out of the bearing. working fine. When i move drum manually it moves smoothly not even hard.

Transfer roller is properly seated.
Observed this fault in 2 different models.

any technical reason with solution prior replacement.

Pics attached.

Maybe it's just an optical delusion ... but the end with the gear looks kinda bent. Or maybe my one eye is just a little off center. ??? =^..^=

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 03:04 AM
Thank you everyone for sharing knowledge and experiences.

i will replace drum unit and transfer roller for sure but what is the reason or cause of damage? if i will not fix that the new parts will get damage too before completing life as you can see in pic. transfer roller life is 20% remaining and total counter is 96000.while the life of drum unit is 110k and transfer roller unit life is 150k.

Woxner
12-05-2018, 04:21 AM
287 does not have a transfer roller that touchs drum. it touches tranfer belt. if its a 262 363 then remove some of the transfer roller spacers

lazymangr
12-05-2018, 09:46 AM
the damage has nothing to do with transfer roller. the material is too soft to damage the drum. i have seen this on toshiba rather konica minolta and has to do with worn spacers between drum and developer. change dev unit among the drum and i think you will be ok.

copyman
12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing knowledge and experiences.

i will replace drum unit and transfer roller for sure but what is the reason or cause of damage? if i will not fix that the new parts will get damage too before completing life as you can see in pic. transfer roller life is 20% remaining and total counter is 96000.while the life of drum unit is 110k and transfer roller unit life is 150k.

You already have the answer, replace the rear dev collar or complete dev unit.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:01 PM
the damage has nothing to do with transfer roller. the material is too soft to damage the drum. i have seen this on toshiba rather konica minolta and has to do with worn spacers between drum and developer. change dev unit among the drum and i think you will be ok.

If it is Dev spacer not transfer roller ends then it should not be damage from here as in picture. Transfer roller touches the drum right at this point not the spacers. I have checked it. Spacers are fine. I cannot change the developer tank. It is not that simple. If it is spacer which is faulty then why should i replace whole developer tank. The life of tank is 590K. and you cannot get spacers only.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Been cutting transfer roller springs on the 283 machines to reduce the pressure of those stupid prongs on the transfer roller assay.
Its a piece of plastic running against the drum. Even been cutting the inner one clean off. By clean i mean with a carpet knife so there is no sharp corners.
Both tricks seems to work.

Then some machines have it and others don't. May be its how those parts come together.
Squaring up the hinges, look for bent stuff.

That is really a good idea, but can you please tell me that if i cut that spring and lower the tension of transfer roller then why that spring is there? Did the Engineer of Designer/manufacturer was fool to put that spring there? The spring is just to provide tension so that paper touch the drum firmly and equal and even print transfer is done.

tsbservice
12-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Actually there is no need for developing unit spacers to touch drum at worn area.
Magnetic brush will do this damage due to rear distance to drum is narrowed.
Do they use OEM toner? If not that may be the reason.

Andyboachie
12-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Actually there is no need for developing unit spacers to touch drum at worn area.

Can't there be an obstacle in the drum's revolution before paper passes. A raised area or an object along the pathway of the drum's turning can as well cause this problem. Check any such probable obstacle.

darry1322
12-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Can't there be an obstacle in the drum's revolution before paper passes. A raised area or an object along the pathway of the drum's turning can as well cause this problem. Check any such probable obstacle.

The usual problem is that the rear developer unit spacer wears down causing the space between the developer brush and drum surface to be reduced enough that the developer brush starts to wear down the drum coating until it begins to flake off the drum surface.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:43 PM

They are using OEM toner, if not then how can using counterfeit toner affect drum from this side?
I agree magnetic brush can damage due to narrowed distance.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:46 PM

I have checked it.There is no such thing in the passage of paper. They are using paper in long edge (lengthwise).

Phil B.
12-05-2018, 04:49 PM
They are using OEM toner, if not then how can using counterfeit toner affect drum from this side?
I agree magnetic brush can damage due to narrowed distance.

clearly by your questions:
you are a newbie
-=or=-
you never worry about how things work... and just "go by the book"

go to your service manager demand he give you access to the sites you need.. if he refuses then you have two options Quit ot go above his head and complain to Owner. if you don't get issue resolved quit.

3ktlc
12-05-2018, 04:53 PM
This is very common on these machines. Those units will not last their life without the spacers with the bearing in them. You have the answers to the problem.

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 04:59 PM
The usual problem is that the rear developer unit spacer wears down causing the space between the developer brush and drum surface to be reduced enough that the developer brush starts to wear down the drum coating until it begins to flake off the drum surface.

I totally agree with you and tsbservice in this regard. The worn spacer at the rear end is the reason. Why this spacer is worn out before time? The life of DV Tank is 590K? The spacer rotation is stiff? or it is just because that rear side is close to Gears assembly?

I will replace the DV tank or spacer somehow but i also want to fix the problem which is creating this mess. Damaging or wearing of Spacer. ???

CopierNerd
12-05-2018, 05:06 PM
clearly by your questions:
you are a newbie
-=or=-
you never worry about how things work... and just "go by the book"

go to your service manager demand he give you access to the sites you need.. if he refuses then you have two options Quit ot go above his head and complain to Owner. if you don't get issue resolved quit.

I am a nerd as you can see. Thank you very much for helping me to resolve the issue. I will say i go by the book most of the time. I agree.

tsbservice
12-05-2018, 06:38 PM
... I will say i go by the book most of the time...

That's not bad at all.
In fact most of the techs I know around me prefer to lay on their vast experience(20+ years) and stay in analog era. They can handle any mechanical problem, but reading a book is big no-no for them.
That's fine but at some point they will start to fail against new technologies.
I highly appreciate senior members here with their experience and their development sometimes from typing machines of 70-80s to the nowadays when they are leading force of this fine Forum.
Just be consistent, stay humble, ask your colleagues questions and finally one day you may find yourself amongst people here who HAVE answers;)

CopierNerd
12-06-2018, 03:50 AM
That's not bad at all.
In fact most of the techs I know around me prefer to lay on their vast experience(20+ years) and stay in analog era. They can handle any mechanical problem, but reading a book is big no-no for them.
I highly appreciate senior members here with their experience and their development sometimes from typing machines of 70-80s to the nowadays when they are leading force of this fine Forum.
Just be consistent, stay humble, ask your colleagues questions and finally one day you may find yourself amongst people here who HAVE answers;)

Wonderful! what a perfect reply!
Many Thanks

allan
12-06-2018, 05:55 AM
That is really a good idea, but can you please tell me that if i cut that spring and lower the tension of transfer roller then why that spring is there? Did the Engineer of Designer/manufacturer was fool to put that spring there? The spring is just to provide tension so that paper touch the drum firmly and equal and even print transfer is done.

Been fixing design problems on theses machine for years these engineers are not all saints. The spring i mention does not press the roller against the drum that is 2 other springs doing that.
The spring i refer to is for the paper guide only and the spacers for that guide press against the drum.

BLADE
12-12-2018, 02:30 AM
hey copiernerd, another idea, what if the contents of the dev unit were not circulating properly because of tank design, and over time the contents separated so that larger magnetic particles ended up at one end and smaller particles ended up at the other. I've seen dev spacers get blamed for faults when they were innocent

Phil B.
12-12-2018, 03:42 AM
That's not bad at all.

RE: analog era? I have worked on the old 'handcrank smelly ink" to analog..to digital units. 70's-80's ran my own 'Bulletin Board System' wrote doorways (Edlin) etc.. Built/Repaired PC's at nite.. I READ CONSTANTLY ..and if you notice.. MOST of us '20+' year techs.. we tell the folks asking the questions where answers can be found IN A BOOK.. to RTFM = read the fucking manual.
RE: adapt to new tech.. totally agree.. have been out of the mainstream on : Food Prep/Cooking and Construction/Re-Modeling ... in my current *self imposed* lack of employment, and desire to repair/improve the homestead, I found my knowledge in those areas lacking. It didn't take long to get to speed on certain facets of them... but AGAIN.. I read..watched..inquired and finally executed the job... all good.
61yrs is still not to late in life to learn..but I find I do have a harder problems with lazy/people with lacking common skills/knowledge.

tech51
12-12-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: analog era? I have worked on the old 'handcrank smelly ink" to analog..to digital units. 70's-80's ran my own 'Bulletin Board System' wrote doorways (Edlin) etc.. Built/Repaired PC's at nite.. I READ CONSTANTLY ..and if you notice.. MOST of us '20+' year techs.. we tell the folks asking the questions where answers can be found IN A BOOK.. to RTFM = read the fucking manual.
RE: adapt to new tech.. totally agree.. have been out of the mainstream on : Food Prep/Cooking and Construction/Re-Modeling ... in my current *self imposed* lack of employment, and desire to repair/improve the homestead, I found my knowledge in those areas lacking. It didn't take long to get to speed on certain facets of them... but AGAIN.. I read..watched..inquired and finally executed the job... all good.
61yrs is still not to late in life to learn..but I find I do have a harder problems with lazy/people with lacking common skills/knowledge.

But the book can only lead you so far.. I’ve lost count of the times that my fellow younger engineers have fitted parts (usually expensive ones) because the manual says so, only to find it’s something else not even suggested. I always say to my guys that the manual only tells you how it works, not how it goes wrong!
Intuition and experience count for a lot in this game.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t use manuals ( you have to for codes etc) but as far as I’m concerned a manual is a tool to be used along with a good knowledge of the copy process and a well developed troubleshooting process.
Phew I feel better now! Rant over.

tsbservice
12-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Off topic

Phil B.
Just for clarification I will quote myself:

In fact most of the techs I know around me... Means most of techs in my area, techs I know in person(they are not CTN members, no way:D).

I highly appreciate senior members here... Means what you think, seniors here in CTN.
Take care and stay here even new challenges are more thrilling ;)

P.S
And yeah this young buck copier nerd is pretty cocky, but still may became valuable member here...one day.

allan
12-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Had one where the transfer roller metal guide was bent recently did exactly the same as you pictures.
Not buying the mag brush theory on this one. look at the nature of the damaged. Mag brush will polish the surface off.

Woxner
12-13-2018, 01:25 AM
if you line up the transfer roller and the drum you will see what the wear is. remove the two screws on each end of the transfer roller and remove all but one on each side (black spacer) i have replaced new dev and still did it within 100k. its too much pressure on the drum. dev unit can and will do more damage when they get too bad on the dev unit

CopierNerd
12-17-2018, 11:45 AM
hey copiernerd, another idea, what if the contents of the dev unit were not circulating properly because of tank design, and over time the contents separated so that larger magnetic particles ended up at one end and smaller particles ended up at the other. I've seen dev spacers get blamed for faults when they were innocent

What contents do you think may not circulating properly? when i rotate the gear manually, it circulates smoothly not stiff and mag brush is uniform, also circulating properly. There is no excessive developer deposited at any side.

DV Spacers circulate with a bearing inside. If that bearing comes out due to any reason the space or gap at that particular spacers becomes narrow and surface of drum gets in contact with the magnet roller. as a result drum get damage.

In this case there is no such signs. I have to trace the problematic part before replacement of transfer roller and drum unit.

CopierNerd
12-17-2018, 11:50 AM
Had one where the transfer roller metal guide was bent recently did exactly the same as you pictures.
Not buying the mag brush theory on this one. look at the nature of the damaged. Mag brush will polish the surface off.

The metal guide is OK.Not bent nor deformed.

CopierNerd
12-17-2018, 11:55 AM
if you line up the transfer roller and the drum you will see what the wear is. remove the two screws on each end of the transfer roller and remove all but one on each side (black spacer) i have replaced new dev and still did it within 100k. its too much pressure on the drum. dev unit can and will do more damage when they get too bad on the dev unit

Thank you very much Sir Wayne for your kind reply.
I have checked it. Transfer roller is exactly in line or opposite to the damaged area, which means the transfer roller end damaged the drum surface.

Removing the black spacers adjacent to end is a good idea. I can try this before replacement.

And if Dev Unit is damaging drum then how can we overcome or troubleshoot it?

CopierNerd
12-17-2018, 12:13 PM
I do not know what happened but every time i try to post or reply it takes me out. SIGN OUT!
i cannot thank and like a reply. i do not have privileges. i am restricted.seems like the admin did this.

i have violated CTN rules & policies, and i have apologized for that earlier.:o

copier addict
12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
I have checked it. Transfer roller is exactly in line or opposite to the damaged area, which means the transfer roller end damaged the drum surface.

Removing the black spacers adjacent to end is a good idea. I can try this before replacement.

The drum made it passed yield, that is a good thing. Replace the drum, and the transfer roller if you think it needs to be replaced and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Muso
01-21-2023, 02:24 PM

Hi! Can someone please share the final solution for this issue? As I have 3 Copying Machine of this type and causing this issue. Thanks in advance.

subaro
01-21-2023, 04:39 PM
Hi! Can someone please share the final solution for this issue? As I have 3 Copying Machine of this type and causing this issue. Thanks in advance.

From what I read and saw throughout this tread, it can only be the drum itself causing this issue. I think, there is some build up on the drum cleaning blade or a piece of hard toner rubbing against the drum inside the drum toner cleaning area. The dev unit I don't think would cause the drum to be worn like that. If anything, the dev unit mag roller itself would be worn and its usually the culprit of hardened toner somewhere in the dev area touching the sleeve.
If the dev unit spacer was wearing on one side, then you might have seen a progressive fade, but it is in one spot that seems to indicate an object rubbing on the drum .
Plus, the poster thinks that every consumable last its full life time, and that's not the case all the time. Some fail early, some go more than the rated life, its just that way.

Disassemble the drum and look at the cleaning mechanism there. sometime there are stuff like paper and other things , that causes issues.

Muso
01-23-2023, 01:02 PM
From what I read and saw throughout this tread, it can only be the drum itself causing this issue. I think, there is some build up on the drum cleaning blade or a piece of hard toner rubbing against the drum inside the drum toner cleaning area. The dev unit I don't think would cause the drum to be worn like that. If anything, the dev unit mag roller itself would be worn and its usually the culprit of hardened toner somewhere in the dev area touching the sleeve.
If the dev unit spacer was wearing on one side, then you might have seen a progressive fade, but it is in one spot that seems to indicate an object rubbing on the drum .
Plus, the poster thinks that every consumable last its full life time, and that's not the case all the time. Some fail early, some go more than the rated life, its just that way.

Disassemble the drum and look at the cleaning mechanism there. sometime there are stuff like paper and other things , that causes issues.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have checked the Drum several times and there is nothing starnge inside it. It even start making problem (Scratch ) with new drum unit with 1K printing. The Dev unit, drum and transfer roller is changed. Transfer roller is exactly in line or opposite to the damaged area, which means the transfer roller end damaged the drum surface.Removing the black spacers adjacent to end is a good idea. Highlited with red I found in prevoius post. But I can't find black spacers in transfer roller unit. Can anyone tell me is any black spacer in transfer roller? The picture is attached. Thanks.

subaro
01-24-2023, 07:18 AM
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have checked the Drum several times and there is nothing starnge inside it. It even start making problem (Scratch ) with new drum unit with 1K printing. The Dev unit, drum and transfer roller is changed. Transfer roller is exactly in line or opposite to the damaged area, which means the transfer roller end damaged the drum surface.Removing the black spacers adjacent to end is a good idea. Highlited with red I found in prevoius post. But I can't find black spacers in transfer roller unit. Can anyone tell me is any black spacer in transfer roller? The picture is attached. Thanks.

This thread is interesting as to the various replies to the solution, the theories and fixes . To the theory of the mag roller brush causing this problem is supposed to be ruled out, as the brush is just toner and the carrier which are the iron oxide particles remains inside the dev unit, if it is a two component dev system.
Why it is happening as when new drum and dev and transfer roller is replaced, could be the door itself has some hinge strain and causing to put excessive force on the transfer section and some plastic part is rubbing against the drum. With the strain on the door, it may be out of alignment slightly and causing something to rub against the drum. just a thought.

The line is too obvious straight and the width is consistent, so it has to be something rubbing against the drum . The transfer roller sponge itself cannot damage the drum, of if it does, I have never ever seen that in any machine that i have worked on, even high mileage ones.

Alan, fix where he cut something off could be something to look into. He is kinda crazy, but hey, if he found a fix, well it's a fix. ;)

Don't know this machine myself , but the problem is such, that so many various conclusions, but the majority points to the dev,
Who else has a take on this.

I remember working on a kyocera fs3560 and it had a high pitch squeeking noise . I lube every bloody thing on that machine, pinch gears, bushing , only for it to com back with the squeek. I was determined to find the source. The only thing left was the transfer roller bushing, and I don't usually lube those, just clean as part of normal maintenance. Well I put a drop of tri-flow oil on it and the noise went away. Also the registration roller pinch roller bushings too make noise sometime.

ayeright
01-25-2023, 09:28 AM
I enjoyed the thread especially for the idea of 20+ year tech's being considered oldies ;)

20 year techs are newbies to some of us :cool:

Muso
01-26-2023, 11:17 AM
This thread is interesting as to the various replies to the solution, the theories and fixes . To the theory of the mag roller brush causing this problem is supposed to be ruled out, as the brush is just toner and the carrier which are the iron oxide particles remains inside the dev unit, if it is a two component dev system.
Why it is happening as when new drum and dev and transfer roller is replaced, could be the door itself has some hinge strain and causing to put excessive force on the transfer section and some plastic part is rubbing against the drum. With the strain on the door, it may be out of alignment slightly and causing something to rub against the drum. just a thought.

The line is too obvious straight and the width is consistent, so it has to be something rubbing against the drum . The transfer roller sponge itself cannot damage the drum, of if it does, I have never ever seen that in any machine that i have worked on, even high mileage ones.

Alan, fix where he cut something off could be something to look into. He is kinda crazy, but hey, if he found a fix, well it's a fix. ;)

Don't know this machine myself , but the problem is such, that so many various conclusions, but the majority points to the dev,
Who else has a take on this.

I remember working on a kyocera fs3560 and it had a high pitch squeeking noise . I lube every bloody thing on that machine, pinch gears, bushing , only for it to com back with the squeek. I was determined to find the source. The only thing left was the transfer roller bushing, and I don't usually lube those, just clean as part of normal maintenance. Well I put a drop of tri-flow oil on it and the noise went away. Also the registration roller pinch roller bushings too make noise sometime.

Thanks Sir for your reply. I agree that Alan fix is a kinda crazy)). To cut the springs and there is no explanation how much need to cut. And if you cut the springs and the pressure reduse more than needed you may have printing problems (pale printouts). But as he mentioned for him this solution worked. Sharing your experience working with Kyocera can tell that some issues and fixes can be that you never think off)). So what I did replaced this two spacer(round white plastic) from both side of the transfer roller and will be monitoring the drum. But the drum is already a little bit scratched. If the scratch will not increase than I can be sure that the issue is resolved. Otherwise I will hang myself in front of this copying machine))).

Muso
01-26-2023, 11:18 AM
I enjoyed the thread especially for the idea of 20+ year tech's being considered oldies ;)

))) Exactly.

blackcat4866
01-26-2023, 02:56 PM

LOL!! =^..^=

subaro
01-26-2023, 02:58 PM
Thanks Sir for your reply. I agree that Alan fix is a kinda crazy)). To cut the springs and there is no explanation how much need to cut. And if you cut the springs and the pressure reduse more than needed you may have printing problems (pale printouts). But as he mentioned for him this solution worked. Sharing your experience working with Kyocera can tell that some issues and fixes can be that you never think off)). So what I did replaced this two spacer(round white plastic) from both side of the transfer roller and will be monitoring the drum. But the drum is already a little bit scratched. If the scratch will not increase than I can be sure that the issue is resolved. Otherwise I will hang myself in front of this copying machine))).

As I said before, I don't know that machine, but just working by the priciples of copier/printer basic mechanics. The transfer roller springs IMO, should never be cut or modified, as you also mentioned. It has the right enough tension, even it looses a bit in age, it should not be a problem.
A question though. When you guys say you replace the drum, is it the entire assy or just the drum itself. The assy , as far as I see from the parts manual, has the charge grid and wire, the cleaning blade and the recovery blade. I see, most replace the cleaning blade and not the recovery blade. The recovery blade also gets worn and leaks toner, which gets onto the drum and then it drops on the charge grid. There is also the felt, that the drums sits on the ends that gets worn and needs to be replaced.
Panasonic drums use to have these kind of issues as the entire drum parts had to be replaced or you would get all kind of symptoms, of toner leakage and lead to all kind of problems, if they were not rebuilt properly.
Me, I stil think the problem is in that drum unit. The spaces do not rotate. The transfer roller rotates and the inside of the spacer has to be worn for the spacer to be a problem. This is my theory anyway.
Let us know your results as you mention.

blackcat4866
01-26-2023, 03:17 PM
As I said before, I don't know that machine, but just working by the principles of copier/printer basic mechanics. The transfer roller springs IMO, should never be cut or modified, as you also mentioned. It has the right enough tension, even it looses a bit in age, it should not be a problem...

I tend to agree with you. I've had transfer roller springs go missing ... and I've had to choose a replacement from my miscellany of springs ... but I've never tried to alter the transfer roller pressure.

... A question though. When you guys say you replace the drum, is it the entire assy or just the drum itself. The assy , as far as I see from the parts manual, has the charge grid and wire, the cleaning blade and the recovery blade. I see, most replace the cleaning blade and not the recovery blade. The recovery blade also gets worn and leaks toner, which gets onto the drum and then it drops on the charge grid. There is also the felt, that the drums sits on the ends that gets worn and needs to be replaced.
Panasonic drums use to have these kind of issues as the entire drum parts had to be replaced or you would get all kind of symptoms, of toner leakage and lead to all kind of problems, if they were not rebuilt properly.
Me, I stil think the problem is in that drum unit. The spaces do not rotate. The transfer roller rotates and the inside of the spacer has to be worn for the spacer to be a problem. This is my theory anyway.

These drum units only come from KM as an assembly, but there are aftermarket sources for drums & blades. And yes, in my experience the biggest problems with drum units are the result of a poorly performed rebuild. Specifically there is a positioning adjustment for the drum within the assembly, and if it's not correct the developing roller spacing will be wrong, the charge wire spacing will be wrong, so one side or the other side of the image can be light if that rebuild is done incorrectly. IMHO the savings from replacing individual components in a drum unit are not worth the poor final results. =^..^=

tsbservice
01-26-2023, 07:02 PM
I have seen this but drum damage was outside image anyway and drum unit was over life and changed. Transfer roller also regularly changed, will check pressure next time.

Muso
01-27-2023, 06:22 AM
As I said before, I don't know that machine, but just working by the priciples of copier/printer basic mechanics. The transfer roller springs IMO, should never be cut or modified, as you also mentioned. It has the right enough tension, even it looses a bit in age, it should not be a problem.
A question though. When you guys say you replace the drum, is it the entire assy or just the drum itself. The assy , as far as I see from the parts manual, has the charge grid and wire, the cleaning blade and the recovery blade. I see, most replace the cleaning blade and not the recovery blade. The recovery blade also gets worn and leaks toner, which gets onto the drum and then it drops on the charge grid. There is also the felt, that the drums sits on the ends that gets worn and needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your reply. As for the drum I never change the parts. I always change the entire essy. The srange thing is that if the scratch strats even at 80k that will be ok for me (the drum life is 100k). But when it starts at 1k this s not normal. Sure I will update and hope the issue will be solved.

Custom Search