PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 "No animation " message aand not copying or printing

Custom Search

axyun
12-06-2018, 05:52 PM
a message "No animation guide data available. Contact your administrator."

I understand that that refers to the movie data used to show customer hot to remove jams and such. I would not care but machine evidently had a second problem and I don't if it occurred after customer tried going into admistrative settings. The machine won't pring or make copies but will scan the documents from glass or adf. Job goes into que and I noticed that under "status" fo job it says "stopprint". When customer tries to print from computer it says machine is offline.

I would not think that the "no animation guide" message would effect printing and copying. Please advise . Your help is welcome and appreciated very much. Frank

copier addict
12-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Most of the time this issue is because one of the consumables, drum, dev etc. is at end of life. Either install PPLM firmware and adjust soft switches and memory switches or replace consumable that is at EOL.

axyun
12-08-2018, 01:23 AM
Rhank you Copier Addict. i did not see any message to change anything. Also why would computer say machine is offline when customer tries

to print. I would think it would say something needs to be changed instead of machine is offline. Frank

JR2ALTA
12-08-2018, 05:59 AM
You probably don't see any message to replace consumables because the End of Life has been disabled but it sounds like the "Stop or No Stop" is still set to "Stop". It's somewhere in the service mode but I don't remember where.

rrrohan
12-08-2018, 06:38 AM
Wish the 8 series drums went this long lol

Oystercopy
12-11-2018, 09:44 PM
You probably don't see any message to replace consumables because the End of Life has been disabled but it sounds like the "Stop or No Stop" is still set to "Stop". It's somewhere in the service mode but I don't remember where.

The Firmware on the machine must be at a particular level to achieve some of the soft switch settings that control End of Life. If the F/W is not up to speed, certain soft switches will not appear in the Service Mode, and therefore not allow you to make the changes necessary.

I had a C-360 do this a couple of weeks ago and although we thought we had set the end of life settings correctly, one of them was missing and the machine shut down and said "waiting to print" or something like that. Loaded the latest F/W, went back in to set everything per the bulletin and VOILA, started spitting out pages again!
OC

CompyTech
12-11-2018, 10:12 PM

I Believe it's Stop, 0 , Clear. Then go under Stop Life Settings(appears on right side of screen).

CompyTech
12-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Wish the 8 series drums went this long lol

Ha no kidding I knew once they switched to charge rollers that they wouldn't last that long. Had many go out on the Kyoceras but many of them allowed you to change just the charger separately.

emujo2
12-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Rhank you Copier Addict. i did not see any message to change anything. Also why would computer say machine is offline when customer tries

to print. I would think it would say something needs to be changed instead of machine is offline. Frank

Stopprint indicates that a consumable is at the end of life and the MFP will not produce another copy until it's replaced, reset, or as one of the posters added, the PPLM settings are enabled. The print driver is receiving these same messages via SNMP so it knows that the MFP can't print either. You may be able to just reset the counter for what ever item is at EOL, but this can cause some CQ issues. Additionally, some of these items required a fuse to blow to indicated a new replacement. I think even the PPLM mods would not prevent eventual stoppage with things like the x-fer belt and the fuser. E

blackcat4866
12-12-2018, 11:36 PM
IIRC once the Stop has happened, updated firmware will not help until the supply is changed. Next time it won't stop. =^..^=

axyun
12-17-2018, 03:30 AM
thanks to all. reset stopprint with stop 01 stop 0C and printing and copying now. I did not see consumable at life end but close . Frank

Custom Search