PDA

View Full Version : Can you export user boxes on Konica Machines

Custom Search

progoffice
12-06-2018, 07:51 PM
We are in the process of setting up several Konica machines all the same way. I know it's possible to export almost all settings via USB; however, I don't think this exports User Boxes. I know Kyocera machines can do it. I don't care about the content of the User Box, just the creation of the boxes. Maybe the Data Administrator can do it?

K-3
12-06-2018, 08:10 PM
i believe you are right with data administrator

tech51
12-06-2018, 09:18 PM
There is an enhanced export mode that,if my memories correct, will export box settings via usb.

There’s a bulletin available for it.

progoffice
12-06-2018, 10:19 PM
There is an enhanced export mode that,if my memories correct, will export box settings via usb.

There’s a bulletin available for it.

That would be awesome if you can find out which bulletin number references this enhanced export mode.

mincopier
12-07-2018, 01:46 AM
The following only works on "4" series machines and newer. Not sure if this will move the User boxes or not as we have very few that actually use this feature. It also will not copy the IP, Subnet, and Gateway address's.

Service mode
System 2
Software Switches
Choose switch 72
Change to Hex 04
Fix
End until out of service mode

Administrator mode
Scroll right until external memory backup, might be External Memory

Here is the import/export options. Use export on the old machine to load the thumb drive and import on the new machine to load the machine. Must use a password, keep it simple such as 1234.

bsm2
12-07-2018, 02:35 AM
Yes you can export and import user boxes names
But NOT the contents of the user boxes

progoffice
12-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Yes you can export and import user boxes names
But NOT the contents of the user boxes

I'm familiar with the switch 72 HEX 04 setting, but how do you export User Box names? I don't think this option is available even after enabling these settings. Is there another switch setting to enable this feature?

bsm2
12-07-2018, 01:50 PM
I'm familiar with the switch 72 HEX 04 setting, but how do you export User Box names? I don't think this option is available even after enabling these settings. Is there another switch setting to enable this feature?

Never had to enable a hex switch switch , it was in the admin tool

emujo2
12-07-2018, 10:03 PM
I was forced to do this once for a customer. Had to use PSWC to download all the box files, then push them back to the new device.

rrrohan
12-08-2018, 01:26 AM
Never had to enable a hex switch switch , it was in the admin tool

Odd I've never had it enabled out of the box. If they are now enabling it by default that's good, why hide such a good feature

progoffice
12-13-2018, 02:11 PM
I was forced to do this once for a customer. Had to use PSWC to download all the box files, then push them back to the new device.

I don't see the option to export boxes using PSWC. Is this located under Import/Export? If so, which option refers to Boxes?

copier addict
12-13-2018, 02:56 PM
I don't see the option to export boxes using PSWC. Is this located under Import/Export? If so, which option refers to Boxes?

I don't know of any way to export user boxes. You just have to recreate them on the new machine as far as I know.

allan
12-13-2018, 08:20 PM
Had the task before. About 20 user boxes full of stuff. Sent using address book and FTP location from the panel. But did not know any better.
Lost all the print job settings that mattered on some of the documents.

Can use Box Operator. But that is only box contents.

Custom Search